1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Is the iPad the future of computing?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 31 Dec 2010.

1. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

Im gonna have to read up about cloud computing in general before i can comment much but from what i know i don't like the sound of it much with the current state of the UK's net connection.

Anyway cheers for the links you got me interested, off to have a read :thumb:

2. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

I think businesses can join the enterprise developer program and create/load their own iOS apps without going through Apple's Appstore.

/trivia

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

And businesses are going to love cloud computing --especially as they can create their own cloud: control what the employee accesses on their computer, and do away with local storage --which means that if the MoD or the NHS loses another 600 laptops, there is no compromising data on them. Just un-register the stolen device from cloud access, and it's worthless.

4. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Very true. 2000 iPads recently sold to a school and you can bet the kids won't be playing Angry Birds on them!

5. echeb

echeb What's a Dremel?

and do you remember the last time Wallstreet went crazy over something technical...?! :duh:

But for me Motorola Atrix sounds perfect with its laptop part running full FF 3.6 and parts of GNOME as long as its on Tesco mobile and has a steam chat app.

6. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

The future of home computers is tablets? No. Most muggles are happy with a TV connected to a mouse and a keyboard.

7. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Read the article, it's not about hardware.

8. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

I just paired my wireless keyboard with my iPad. I didn't know I could do that until I read T3 today.

They also showed a stand that perfectly resembles the one used on the iMac. So in effect, the iPad turns into a mini iMac with external keyboard ...

Awesome stuff.

Tags: Add Tags