Modding Motherboard tray to buy anywhere?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Mysterae, 15 Jan 2006.

1. Mysterae

Mysterae What's a Dremel?

Hi there, I'm looking for a motherboard tray for my pc build, but can't find a supplier anywhere I look.

I've tried keeping a lookout on ebay for a lian li one, but nothing has come up so far.

I did get a case from a skip, but it was an AT type and the rear plate won't do. I did think about just buying a case with one and just chuck the rest, but I've limited myself to spending £30 on one, but nothing at that price has a removable tray.

So, does anyone know where I can get an ATX motherboard tray (with the card slots etc) or a case with a removable tray for under £30, in the UK?

JFYI, my mod is over at [H]ard|OCP here. I would have included my worklog in the Bit-Tech forum, but I don't like the way there is a separate thread for comments, sorry!

2. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Why not just get a cheap case from ebuyer / local PC shop and hack the tray out?

3. Mysterae

I tried that. My local Maplin and PCWorld had some cheap cases, £20 and £30, but they need so much modding and the metal was so thin! I know I could get better at that price, and somebody told me that I could get a Lian-Li tray for around the same price.

4. wajt

wajt What's a Dremel?

5. Mysterae

^^ That's exactly what I'm looking for, but haven't found anywhere in the UK that sell them! That or a cheap case!