1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News No Fable II for PC, says Lionhead

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 27 Jan 2009.

1. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Considering I played the original Fable on PC, I wouldn't play it any other way. Also, that is another huge reason for me getting a PS3: PC for 360's exclusives & 3rd party FPS and PS3 for its exclusives. I guess that plan won't be coming to fruition. MS has to be doing this on purpose. PC must be seen as a threat to their console sales. What's the point of Games for Windows?

2. eXpander

eXpander What's a Dremel?

Indeed! I've finished Fable 5 times on the PC, just for the heck of it. I really loved that game, the freedom of decisions, the "good/evil" choices and the simplicity of it. It was a great game for a casual RPG fan. And I was waiting for Fable2 for ages.
    No port? Sucks!

It's mostly 6 year olds that play on XBox :p First thing that comes to mind is Eric Cartman ;)

Cheers!

3. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

money talks, sadly.

4. eXpander

eXpander What's a Dremel?

Valve has more than enough money, so we're safe for now

5. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Me too, still play fable 1 occasionally now, looks lovely at 1920x1200 with AA on :lol:
    was looking forward to doing the same thing for Fable 2 (i'd be more than happy to buy it again on the PC)

Lets hope they change their mind in the future

6. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

WTH is wrong with the game devs? first Gears 2, and now Fable II? I just don't see the point of all the console love these days... well... I do, but I don't like it.

:sigh: :duh: :nono: :confused: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :miffed: :miffed: :miffed: :miffed: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:

Last edited: 28 Jan 2009
  7. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Personally i think there was so much paranoia about piracy it became a self-perpetuating myth...

forget facts, PC gaming is riddled with piracy!¬ We won't lose money to pirates if we don't release on that platform!¬
    (lets conveniently ignore all the lost sales from not releasing on that platform in the first place, and that there is piracy on the consoles as well)
    (And if we do release on PC, i'm sure the paying customers won't mind brutal anti-copying schemes that horrifically inconvienience paying customers whilst pirates laugh at us and crack the game within minutes! It's a plan without flaws!¬ :duh:)

8. Project_Nightmare

Project_Nightmare What's a Dremel?

Awww, I was waiting for it to come out on pc :waah:

9. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Well that sucks; I enjoyed Fable I (much to my own surprise), and I have been looking forward to Fable II eventually being released for the PC. But I guess not, oh well. Chalk up one more lost sale then.

I am not going to get a 360 - ever. The only console game(s) I play are Guitar Hero, and those are the only console games that interest me. These I can play fine on my PS2.

10. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Black & White was fun... if you lasted beyond the un-skippable and extremely annoying tutorial. There was nothing I liked more than spanking my naughty monkey!

11. naokaji

naokaji whatever

QFT

12. MrMonroe

MrMonroe What's a Dremel?

*shakes fist

13. jmchurch

jmchurch What's a Dremel?

As unreliable as Microsoft is with their operating systems, I do not now, nor will I ever be inclined to purchase a 360. Especially when a game console has to have as much eye candy as the 360 does in order to attract customers. I would hate to think my console would lock, and I would have to reboot, pat my head, rub my belly and say 3 times “All hail Bill Gatesâ€￾ as you do with the operating systems. I don’t think ANY Company should be in cohesion with Microsoft. Let them be in their own personal hell!

14. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

You only hail Billy 3 times? That's cutting it a bit short... :)

Tags: Add Tags