1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phobya water-cooled case design thread - Stage 2

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Combatus, 3 Jan 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocket_Knight64

Rocket_Knight64 Minimodder

Here is an idea for you zukomonitor after looking at that comparison:

It looks like you can move the motherboard plate forwards and put the PSU side on behind it. Makes the case a good bit shorter and give lots of space behind the motherboard for cables and even tubing and other stuff.

2. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

just a little adjustment on the window, is it better ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Roboduck

Roboduck 01110001 01110101 01100001 01100011

I like the new window. It reminds me of Issac's masks from Dead Space. :thumb:

4. zukomonitor

zukomonitor assumption is the mother of all....

I thought about moving the board forward to better use the space but I didnt think if the psu :duh:

Ill look into it, cheers Rocket :thumb:

@Guille tbh Im not sure about the new window. hmmm, what about the previous window but made bigger? if you get what I mean lol

5. Rocket_Knight64

Rocket_Knight64 Minimodder

Just what I thought. :thumb: Shame about the fattening up though.

6. GuilleAcoustic

I'm lost with this window, it's driving me crazy :wallbash:

What about this one :

[​IMG]

@Rocket_Knight : Yeah, but I can't help, everything is super tight. I'll make a new version of the micro-atx design for myself :)

EDIT : Little teasing about cable management

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 25 Jan 2011
  7. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

What about no pre-made window at all and let those who buy the case make the window themselves if they want one?

8. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Hi all,
    We've had even more great work going on in stage 2, well done! Just a reminder - the deadline for your latest design is 28th January - this Friday.

What you need to do:

• Post your final design from stage 2 in this thread
    • Email a copy of your design images to modding@bit-tech.net including your Forum User Name in the email

You must include a brief description on why your case is great for water cooling and also talk about additional features such as modular designs, doors and other features that might not be obvious from the images. You should also give your case a name, even if it's something like (your forum name) MkII, for example.

We're aware that several contenders haven't had a lot of time to work on their designs. Also, some of you had nearly complete designs before the competition started. We're keeping an open mind and you'll have the chance to catch up in Stage 3. Everyone who emails us with their designs will go through to voting and I'll be doing a blanket email today to remind everyone!

Good luck!:thumb:

9. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

Er, do those cables go straight through the motherboard?

10. GuilleAcoustic

You noticed ... yeah I impaled these old IDE port :blush:. It was 1am and didn't have the strength to modify the path. Had quite a fight with sketchup with those power cable :wallbash:

This is just a teaser to show how cables are guided and hidden. They don't go through the motherboard don't worry, they go behind a removable panel.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 25 Jan 2011
  11. ixmatal

ixmatal What's a Dremel?

Wow, deadline is almost here..... no more sleep for me :lol:

The picture below shows just one door on the front and the back, along with the center frame assembly and mounting holes. You can also see the bottom vent and the top vent/access. There are some surfaces/edges that did not come out colored/textured correctly.

Sketchup kept trying to argue with me popping out error messages about the curves being incorrect or incomplete, then it would "correct" them and entire sections would disappear. After that Vray kept blowing up over the incorrect geometries and application of textures.

I thought I had everything fixed when I started the render jobs before I went to sleep, but this was the only pic that was finished when I got up:

[​IMG]

12. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Yeah, SketchUp doesn't really like curved surfaces when they're getting more complex and intersect with each other.

13. Mick64

Mick64 Dream Modeller

Hi all at Bit-Tech and Aquatuning. I must apologise for not posting, but I am having a very intense time in my life, that is leaving me with no time to spend on this competition or any other recreational activities. That said, I don't want to withdraw from the competition as I have been trying to get my design off the drawing board and into reality for some considerable time. Some of you have probably seen my case on other websites in one form or another as it has progressed through its various stages of development. The renders that I have posted in stage 1 are essentially the finished article, although there are some minor changes required to simplify the manufacturing process. You may or may not have noticed that some of my renders show cases of different sizes. This is because my original design was intended to accommodate ATX and E-ATX motherboards, but then it became apparent that there's a market for larger motherboards such EVGA's 4 way SLI and SR-2. However, for this competition, I think it's best that I stick with my original design with a suggestion that the larger models could be developed if demand was considered sufficient. I will, therefore, only post dimensions for the smaller of my designs. I think I've said enough for one post, but do I intend to post again before the competition dead line with a full specification of my case design. Good luck to all the other participants, there are some really great designs and some very talented people in this competition, that deserve high recognition for all the hard work they've put in!

14. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

It's gunna be a tight squeeze to the deadline for me.. as usual when a design contest comes up life f**ks me over (followers of the MNPCTech Design contests will know what I mean). Finally upgraded think_micro's GPU so will be able to do some decent work on the design tonight, but I'm afraid it won't be up to my usual standard and I won't be able to do renders, just SU screen-shots. Bit of a disappointment, but I do believe you guys deserve a win more than I do :)

(as an idea I've managed half an hour work on my design over the last month)

15. ĿªЪяεġø™

ĿªЪяεġø™ Rabbit Modder !

I'm feeling the stress :wallbash: still lot to do :

[​IMG]
    Not the best angle to show

16. GuilleAcoustic

Good evening everyone. It's 2:31am here and I'm posting my latest additions :

- Finally made the top cover

[​IMG]

- Full GPU and motherboard wiring (OMG, noodles are invading my computer :D)

[​IMG]

- Gave a name to the case

[​IMG]

17. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Thanks Mick! :thumb:

18. GuilleAcoustic

I agree with you, thanks Mick :thumb:, hope your case will come to life ! As a certain Doctor would say : "It is brilliant !".

I'm still uncertain about my design. I made another attempt about the external design during lunch break :

[​IMG]

You can remove one of the HDD bay to replace it by a 5.25" drive bay. What do you think about it ?

EDIT : I didn't mentioned it, but the "phobya panel" is backlited. Will make a render bith hardware installed tonight

19. Roboduck

Roboduck 01110001 01110101 01100001 01100011

I personally liked the small window better. But I think I agree with jrs77, you might as well leave it without a window. It already looks great and if someone wants a window its not hard to put one in. Otherwise its looking great! :thumb:

20. GuilleAcoustic

I will focus on the small changes I have in mind (universal pump mounting system, etc ...) and make 3 or 4 different front for the case (and look at them side by side).

Here is a try of the small window having the bottom part being a door :

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.