1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Screen Blanking After a Few Mins

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by T.J, 26 Jan 2018.

1. T.J

T.J What's a Dremel?

I have an old HP L1908W 19" LCD used a second display under Windows 7, its connected via a DVI / VGA adapter and started blanking itself after a few mins - there is a sudden increase in brightness and then goes blank as if its powered down but the power light stays on.

I've noticed the following...

• Turning it off and back on will make it work for a few seconds and then it blanks again.
    • The OSD doesn't work when it blanks out.
    • Disconnecting the input cable or disabling the screen when blanked brings up the "no signal - going to sleep" message and reconnecting will make the screen come alive again but again only for a second or so
    Leaving it powered off for a bit will bring it back to life again so I'm guess bad capacitors or similar as its a 12 year old screen but before it gets pulled apart is there anything else to check for?

2. T.J

T.J What's a Dremel?

Quick update... Pulled it apart and cant see anything physically wrong, none of the caps are bulging or leaking and nothing looks burnt or damaged - guess its back on ebay for another dirt cheap screen lol