1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Strange USB Wifi adapter problem with new Motherboard

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Hateorade, 4 Nov 2014.

1. Hateorade

Hateorade A glass a day keeps the doctor away

Just upgraded to the Asus Maximus Hero VII and fresh installed windows. Everything works except my WiFi adapter. I have the premeirelink Speedy 2 (For reference). I updated all the drivers.

The problem:
    Whatever is happening, the adapter continuously connects for half a second then disconnects, then reconnects for half a second and disconnects. I don't even have time to see a network list.

Any ideas?

2. Hateorade

In case it makes it any more clear, it's as if my Wifi adapter continuously power cycles itself.

3. Hateorade

So further trial and error leads me to believe it's a driver issue with either the cards or the maximus USB ports. Everything I've plugged into the board has worked EXCEPT the 2 USB wireless cards i have. For whatever reason, it picks the wireless adapters up, but that's it. The second adapter I have is a Belkin F5D8053 Wireless N adapter. When I install the software for it, it hangs up on the part that says "Please plug in your USB adapter now".

4. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

What OS are you using? Also is it a USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port you've got it plugged into?

I've had issues where USB 3.0 ports don't always work (especially as boot devices)

5. Hateorade

Running Windows 7 x64

I've tried both adapters in both the 3.0 and the non-keybot USB port. I assume the one not labelled "keybot" is just 2.0 port. I also uninstalled the USB 3.0 controller from intel. Didn't seem to help.

6. Hateorade

welp, I literally tried the LAST USB port, and it is the one I have hooked up to my Keyboard. It seems to work. This wirless card is pretty new and I ccan't see why it wouldn't work with USB 3.0

7. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

I've found USB 3 great for connecting storage devices too, but for anything it's flaky.

I assume other devices (mouse, keyboard etc) are Ok in the other ports now? just have to put it down to one of those things :)