1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T-Mobile to either go bust or merge.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Lorquis, 1 May 2009.

1. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

T-Mobile is being pressured to either merge or go bust according to Deutche Telekom's CFO Timotheus Hoettges speaking about the matter at the recent shareholder's meeting.

Link

A few questions on my mind are;
    What will happen to virtual networks under contracts from T-Mo?
    Will BT win the contract for emergency calls from C&W if a merger should happen?
    And finally, what is the fate for customers should either eventuality come to fruition, in the case of a merger undoubtedly contract terms will be honoured, but in the event of a bust will customers be forced to pay an early settlement fee for the subsidisation of mobile devices?

2. Rum&Coke

Rum&Coke What's a Dremel?

if they go bust their customer base will be sold to someone else, probably with the option to keep their old contract conditions i'm guessing.

3. AndyDEL

AndyDEL What's a Dremel?

Be a shame if they did go pop.. I was on T-Mobile Flexy plan thingy for 18 months when it first came out.. The customer service i got from T-Mobile was always top, the plan was spot on.. Shame they just didn't do the phones i wanted after, so moved on.

4. tictactoe

tictactoe What's a Dremel?

Cheers for the heads up Lorquis, as I am with T-mob at the mo', and they are the only provider that have a useable signal in my area!! I certainly hope that they can merge smoothly (if that's the way it goes). Will be keeping a beady eye on this one:worried:

5. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Noooooo! T-mobile are definitely my favourite in the UK :(

Orange are very expensive
    O2 i've had bad experiences with
    Vodafone: it's an admittedly silly reason but "ARGH IT SHOULD BE SPELT VODAPHONE! 'FONE' IS NOT A WORD! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:*

*i can't even explain why that annoys me so much... it just does :D

6. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I thought 3 and tmob had already merged networks?

7. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Uh-oh, i'm only a month into my renewed 18 month contract. :S

Truth be told i've been very happy with T-Mobile service. The dont phone me every frickin' other day like 3 did ("Have you seen our latest offers?" NO. AND I DONT ****ING WANT TO >.<) and the few times i've needed to ring them i've been able to sort out my problem fairly quick and easy.

I truly hope they dont merge with 3....

8. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

We've had them for years here in Oregon - never have had too much trouble with reception and the company is easy to work with.

Now that I've said that, we were just about to upgrade to blackberries with them. This may give me pause, but not much. I can't imagine service deteriorating badly in two years and by that time (if it was worse) we will be able to choose another carrier.

:idea:

9. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

T-Mo and 3 have an arrangement but are not merged. Traditionally 3 used to use T-Mo as their 2g cell fallback when their own 3g network didn't cover the area. Cheap way in kinda thing..

More interesting is T-Mo have their Emergency Calls routed through C&W networks while Hutch 3G have theirs through BT, always wondered what'd happen if they fell out of 3's cell range and failed onto T-Mo, would it go to C&W or BT? That's just my geekyness kicking in feel free to ignore.

10. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I've been with T-Mobile for 8+ years and just renewed.

If they merge with 3 I will be leaving ASAP. 3 are the absolute WORST provider I have EVER known, and would never, ever willingly have a contract with them.