1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V USB and audio to Ipod dock.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ZortB, 13 Oct 2011.

1. ZortB

ZortB What's a Dremel?

A while ago I seem to remember seeing an article in a computer mag about jury rigging a micro usb and 3.5mm audio jack to an ipod cable so it could be used with an ipod/iphone dock.

Can't remember the publication but would like to get hold of it as i've been given a set of speakers and would like to use them with my sony erricsson xperia arc.

If I remember correctly the jack was for audio and the usb was for power from the dock only.

Did I dream this up or can it be done. Had a quick search of the net but can't seem to find anything relevant. I've seen cables for sale but this was a dirt cheap alternative.

Cheers.

2. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Really I would just buy one with the 3.5mm audio and usb breakouts, as you will need a cable with the female dock connector anyway, unless you happen to already have one.

Last edited: 13 Oct 2011
  3. |V| 4 L k i 3 R

|V| 4 L k i 3 R Minimodder

What you are looking for is called an LOD (Line Out Digital) cable. I tried to do a quick search and wasn't able to find a commercial solution for you, but I know that over at http://head-fi.org they have the pinouts for the iPod connector and how to wire one up for yourself.

4. ZortB

ZortB What's a Dremel?

Cheers Thats what i was looking for.:thumb: