1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distributed Video conversion tools...

Discussion in 'Software' started by mrb_no1, 18 Dec 2008.

1. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

Right guys 'n' girls,

I am looking to convert some backed up media, its currently in h264 (mkv) format as its uber high def. I want to be able to put it onto dvd to create additional storage but no burning program will recognise the mkv file so its needs to be converted to something else. i've tried avs video converter but the audio seems to get screwed up so that when loud explosions or something something similar is being played back there's an awful distortion and crackling that comes through the speakers. Anyone using any programs that they know work, i've tried 3 in total but i couldnt remember the first 2, that said if you have one that works, and the relevant settings for good results then i'd be really greatful. or if you have a program that will burn mkv's that will also work for me, cheers

peace

fatman

2. pumpman

pumpman Minimodder

3. twentynine

twentynine Can never win...

SUPER can do the job I believe. The download link is at the very bottom of the page.

4. DorkSterr

DorkSterr Hakuna Matata

AVS Video Converter 6 Cheesecake!

5. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

ok, gunna spend tonight oc'ing my cpu on my new mobo, but tomorrow i'll have a go at all 3 and see what happens and edit this post with my results, so those with similar problems in the future can use it as a reference. thanks for your prompt help people, always appreciated. i just remembered that the avs video converter 6 is the one i tried recently, and it fecked it, i'll try it again after a format tonight and let you know

peace

fatman

Last edited: 19 Dec 2008