1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Yoyotech - Your experiences

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by [HWS], 12 Feb 2010.

1. [HWS]

[HWS] What's a Dremel?

Hi guys.

I'm looking to buy a Rampage II Extreme and a OCZ Modxstream 600w from Yoyotech. I've used them in the past but haven't had to deal with their Customer service ect.

What are your experiences with things like RMA's like?

Cheers,

Aaron.

2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Fine. I just walk in there, tell them it's broken & they test it whilst I have lunch then either swap it out of send it away.

3. skunkmunkey

skunkmunkey Minimodder

had to rma a board, went fine. Delivery was quick and comunication good too.

4. [HWS]

[HWS] What's a Dremel?

Brilliant!

I'll buy in confidence then,

Cheers,

[HWS].

5. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Had an RMA with a motherboard and graphics no problem and they have given me excellent service every time. I deal mainly with Joe or Ravi

6. [HWS]

[HWS] What's a Dremel?

Ah right.

Are there any other stores in London for hardware? Atm I use yoyotech or Epsilon PC on tottenham court road.

7. WTF_Shelley

WTF_Shelley The picture is wheeljack

Epsilon, is on average £20 quid more expensive then Yoyo, theres a whole bunch of shops on that bit of road but most just want to sell £3000 luxury stuff to yuppies. Go with Yoyotech, the one time ive had problems with there stuff, a DOA hard drive, they tested it and gave me a new one in about 20 minutes. Stella service alround.

On a side note ive just dropped a whole bunch of cash for a 5850 from them so, if i trust them with £200+ then you should too:clap:

8. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

I have bought most of my rig from yoyotech they are brilliant when it comes to faulty goods, i had a faulty biostar t45 motherboard and they replaced it there and then and i had a choice of what i could get

9. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

They are the best in London by miles, to bad they are the only ones but they have been great. They also price match

10. Southern

Southern Lovable Internet Nutcase

I can also recommend YoYoTech. Finally a decent place on Tottenham Court Road for a serious PC enthusiast, as most of the shops on the main street that I have been in seem to sell overpriced and out of date gear for the less savvy.

Have bought mainly audio equipment, soundcards and speakers from them and once you get talking to them they can sometimes do you a deal on certain things :) plus they are a nice lot to get advice from to boot.

11. [HWS]

[HWS] What's a Dremel?

Cheers Guys!:clap:

12. [HWS]

[HWS] What's a Dremel?

Do any of you do "Reserve and Collect"? If so, what should the status of the order be when collecting? I assume it shoud be processing not invoiced as it will be invoiced when you pay the remainder instore?

Cheers,

[HWS]

13. Southern

Southern Lovable Internet Nutcase

I would now like to revise my rating

Phoned up the store to ask if they had a wireless usb adaptor for win7. After keeping me on hold for five minutes they replied to say yes they did and that it worked in win7. Great, I said, I'll come round in my lunch half-hour (yes, where I work they are stingy gits, but I digress). Upon coming in they repeated that it would work in win7, as lots of their customers agreed with them, but just to be sure I got them to outline their returns procedure.

Got the adaptor home (a dynamode WL-700G-M in case people need to know) and surprise surprise, it's no better than the last five adaptors I have tried that have failed (all using the same cheap chinese driver software as well).

So it's back to YoYotech with you, Mr Dynamode. I would have liked to think that the store would be able to have the balls to admit they didn't know, especially as they tout their expertise and knowledge as custom PC builders.

If you do reserve and collect, just phone them up and tell them to stick something behind the till with your name, address and phone number on and tell them when you'll be in to pick it up. Worked for me [HWS]