Modding Plexi-Dome

Discussion in 'Modding' started by MidnghtDrgn, 9 Jul 2005.

1. MidnghtDrgn

MidnghtDrgn What's a Dremel?

Wondering if anyone has thoughts on how to make or where to buy a dome made out of plexiglass? Want to do a handle typ thing (Like the old iMacs) and thinking cutting out a handle, then putting the dome on inside of case, to prevent there from being a gaping hole where the handle is cut out. Any ideas?

2. Xiachunyi

Xiachunyi What's a Dremel?

Like this?

Scroll a little less than half-way down.

3. HellRazor

HellRazor What's a Dremel?

If you want to make your own, all I can say is Vacumm chamber!

I use it to make molds and other things for Airsoft, and it works pretty well. Pretty easy to build too, and if you have a shop vac, or any powerful type of suction (its its not mechanical I don't want to know about it), then its more or less an airtight box that you apply vacumm too, and warm plastic (or plexi) and it will take the shape of whatever your mold is. If you want I can dig up some simple resources on it!

4. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

5. Cardan

Cardan What's a Dremel?

ooo could u post some links plese?

and do do u make for airsoft?

6. Protius-X

Protius-X What's a Dremel?

You could make one yourself by have a mould of a half dome, heating up a sheet of plexi in an oven then applying the soft plexi to the mould. You'll need to have 2 halves to the mould, the dome and a piece to go on top to hold it all in place while it cools.

7. MidnghtDrgn

MidnghtDrgn What's a Dremel?

Thanks for all the info guys, think I'm just going to make the mold and shape it that way.

8. HellRazor

I'm on my laptop right now, and won't be back at my desktop for the links until tonight.

Anyway, I make trip mines, infered mines, I know how to make Grenades seen at www.milsimlabs.com, but since the guy who runs that is my buddy, I don't sell them. Just differnt things I've needed when modding, or repairing guns and whatnot.

Oh, and my pride and joy...my remote detonated Claymore. (Noise maker, as it is to dangerous to actually fling that many bbs at people). Sorry for the Hijak!

Anyway, a Vacumm forming chamber is WONDERFUL for plastics....I'll make a note and post the links when I get home.

9. HellRazor

LINKY!!!!

http://www.halloweenfear.com/vacuumformintro.html

I have more information too, but the one I built is Similar to that...well my newer one anyway.

I'll look for the rest of the stuff too...but its lost in my insanely (and insanely disorganized) favorites list.