A/V Really Crappy Sound On Abit IS7 Motherboard And Front Audio Panel!NEED HELP ASAP!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by duggyb, 15 Jul 2005.

1. duggyb

duggyb What's a Dremel?

ok well the sound that is coming out of both my front audio ports and rear audio ports is really really crackily and fuzzy and you can barley hear the music underneath all that...the MIC ports work fine and flawless...even when not playing sound on the computer the jacks still emit a crackily and fuzzy noise....i am using the AC 97 driver from the Abit download center...i have tried fiddiling with some of the settings on that and nothing has helped...this is a customers computer which i have tried and tried to get work and he would really like it fixed now...so any insight from anyone unto this problem is greatly appreciated

THNX
    Duggy:dremel:

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

the IS7's onboard sound sucks. It did on my old one too - exactly the same symptoms you've described: tons of hiss, etc.. Just buy a cheap sound card.

3. VRXJudge

VRXJudge What's a Dremel?

As stated above, your onboard sound just sucks. I would aim for a good Envy24 based sound card, particularly the M-Audio Revolution 5.1. If you're really desperate, go for a Chaintech 710, although you'll have to configure it right it you want to make use out of it. However, for sub-$100, the Revo 5.1 is the best quality AFAIK.