1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics CO2 Air Duster

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Taznc, 22 Jul 2005.

1. Taznc

Taznc What's a Dremel?

I was at Sam Goody and I saw a CO2 Air Duster here and I was wondering if anyone had one of these? It is refillable and looks pretty cool but I was not sure if the pressure would be too high and damage electronics. If I were to buy it, it would be for dusting my PC case. Would this work good or should I stick to the ol' cans?
    Thanks

2. Sea Shadow

Sea Shadow aka "Panda"

I use my C02 tanks from back in the day when I did paintballing, haven't had a problem yet :D

Then again I would probably advise against seeing how fast you can make a fan spin. Also dont see how far you can flex a peripheral card.

3. Taznc

Taznc What's a Dremel?

Hehe ive done that on my old compaq...but hey, it got the cpu fan clean :X
    Thanks, it was $15 with 2 spare cans or so IIRC so it seems cheaper than buying cans but I read somewhere its 1.5 hours per can.

4. Sea Shadow

Sea Shadow aka "Panda"

16 gram cartidges... seems sorta small... Then again anything is small when in comparison to a 20 oz tank :D

5. Dngrsone

Dngrsone What's a Dremel?

Meh... you can get a cheap air compressor for a bit more and it lasts forever.

I wonder if that's a plastic nozzle... high-pressure CO2 passing through plastic can generate static, you know... that's why the instructions on a 15lb fire bottle tell you to keep it on the floor.

6. Holst

Holst What's a Dremel?

I just use my airbrush compressor for the same effect.

7. Taznc

Taznc What's a Dremel?

But I have read that cheap compressors let out a lot of oil in the air and if it starts to rust, a lot of rust...
    I don't know of any decent variable speed compressors that are not expensive...

8. Holst

Holst What's a Dremel?

My compressor was £150 !

If its good enough for airbrushing, its 100 times good enough for dusting my PC.

I dont think you will have much problem with small compressors letting out oil or rust.
    Only big knackered old ones.

9. Taznc

Taznc What's a Dremel?

Thank you,
    I know this is a little off-topic but what airbrush setup do you have? How much did it cost?

Thanks