1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Numark iDJ iPod mixing console

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 25 Jul 2005.

1. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

2. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

i just don't know what to say?

I can't think of anything that would make someone want to buy it. Its white i guess, people who live in north london whilst driving mini-scooters and drinking expresso shot coffee thats not made with the same kind of water you or i would.

3. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

Well, if I were a DJ, I would imagine the benefits were obvious enough...

It's never going to be a must-have for the masses, but you can Podcast from it as well, so maybe that's another niche.

4. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Having done dj-ing in the past I cant see any realistic use for this, CD's are terrible to work with due to long seak times and really, I cant imagine an iPod would be too much better really.
    guess its down to personal preferance though :)

5. bengaskell

bengaskell Banned

All be it a sleek and sexy, which it is, it is something I would love to give a go. I think Bio is right, it looks good but what is it actually like? If I go into a club this weekend will I be throwing my arms in the air to big black reassuringly identifiable vinyl, or praising the Apple iPod?

bg

6. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Nathan Barley!!!!

7. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

Hmmm... I dunno, both my old iPOD and my iPOD Mini seem to have the occasional "pause" mid song... If anyone we're to seriously use this in a club etc, it wouldn't look very good having it jump, and I doubt that a sudden stop, a quick white noise crack and music suddently blowing back out wouldn't do a club system worth £kkk's much good.

8. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

notepad and itunes would be better - but a notpad and PCDJ would be best. Oh thats what people are already using.
    This crap is for people who are total nathan barleys all style no substance.

9. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

the main reason Cd's are only really becoming more mainstream in clubs is because the cd decks are becoming a lot better. The newest surfaces can emulate vinyl on cd but also bring a lot more to a djs performance. This is really a BIG step back in usability though. I cannot see any decent DJ using this. It doesn't even allow you to control the BPM of a track!

10. lepre

lepre Minimodder

it's a waste of money, cmon.

why spend 300+ $ + 2 ipod?

it was better to put an hard drive in that thing and sell it alone -_-

11. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

why not buy a laptop and use a mixing program? :worried:

i still think it's cool :naughty: :D

12. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Anyone who does dj-ing is going to require beat matching (and therefore bpm control), plus *real* sliders for cross-fading, plus a lack of seek time.

I do not see any of the above in this. Interesting concept for those who don't have a bloody clue of what they're doing, though. I can see it now:

Frat party...some wannabe uber-yuppie busts out his two ipods and his mixing station, and proceeds straight-away to mix his rod stewart into his enya collection...

You can sell it on the slogan of, "For those who are just too good for the lampshade at the party..."

13. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

hitting the nail square on the head there. 'el pope most DJs couldn't take the latency you would have with this, part of my ranting about the iPod been one of the worst players on the market is the fact its got so little memory (by putting the 5 min of music you've got qued up into ram, you can let the HDD spin down, thus saving batterylife, this is how the sony HD3 kicks soo much arse).

Seek times on ipods really aren't impressive, so this will be a nightmare (enless they've put in their own DSP buffer thats of adiquite size, but i doubt that because of practicallity of interfacing via the WyHiWyG interface).

14. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

Stanton released a product called final scratch, where each deck had a timing vinyl and they were linked to a laptop which had hte mp3's on. This meant , mixing and scratching or whatever just like normal except the songs were stored on the lappy. Much better than this stupid iMatwunt rubbish.

15. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

wedding DJ would want one -

Tags: Add Tags