1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HPRES III MEGA Complete, ty all.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Defyant Mods, 3 May 2005.

1. MoOstick

MoOstick What's a Dremel?

At least everyone agrees on that...

2. Atarax

Atarax What's a Dremel?

Amazing, you definitely have skillz. :rock: and tools :D

3. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

Yo m8, That is a sweet fan mount.
    Making your own PSU box is defiantly cool.

..I can’t wait for next update

What else do you have in store for this case.

4. Bluefan

Bluefan test 123

Amazing, this is a heck of a good mod :rock: :D :thumb:

5. Sheldog23

Sheldog23 What's a Dremel?

I am loving the excellent Plexi work. Good work Defyant. You are my pic for modder of the year.

6. the bean

the bean What's a Dremel?

i'd buy one of those PSU's it looks so cool. Seriously, talk to some people in high places...

7. huren

huren What's a Dremel?

agred =D

great work with the psu

8. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Im worried about that PSU; Plexiglass has never been a good conductor, and with the kinds of components you like to put into your PCs, thats just asking for trouble; Some bigger heatsinks and more airflow arent a bad idea.

9. G4m3R_X3r0

G4m3R_X3r0 What's a Dremel?

The PSU??? Awesome, not to be nit-picky tho, i noticed some of the holes weren't all in a line... other then that tho, wow this is one really sweet looking mod so far, keep it up!!

10. Lucidity

Lucidity What's a Dremel?

Your skills with lights and acryllic are sick man, just sick. I've seen your work alot of other places and you definitely have a very unique style that you bring to your mods. You could change your name, or alias, but your style of modding is unmistakeable. Keep on the good work.

11. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

Guy!! overwhelmed buy the comment ,sheldog cheers mate means a heck a lot ty.

your right gamer some of the holes arnt perfect but i could have just had them pre-drilled for a few bux...but wanted the end result to be more human..hands on.

I left the earth out cause i wasnt 100% sure if i would still need to earth it...apparently it shouldnt be a prob...but i will just for the heck of it.

roto, do you think? i added a 120 to that unit from its orig 80. that plex is 6mm its never going to melt or warp...and im yet to feel a PSU thats too hot to touch nowadays.

Altho in my mods thinner plex has held up to 10k HDD's wich would leave a nasty burn if touched for too long.

I dont see a difference in putting the guts of a psu into a plex box as putting a metal enclosed psu in a persrpex case?

but! i did run it over night with 3 hdds hooked up a MPC 650 water pump and a set of 120's with a good old fashioned Delta HSC screemer with the set of 5 LEDs..

its still going when i got home from work :)

12. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Id still increase the size of ventilation holes, and add beefier heatsinks to the PSU; the rule of thumb is the heavier it is the better :D

The thing about putting it in a metal case is that metal gathers and sheds heat much better than perspex; plastic doesnt conduct heat very well, and inevitably, will only heat surrounding air. Perhaps you could make a custom waterblock that is attached to the PSU's heatsinks? Just make sure the water isnt over the electronics... ;)

13. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

looking great :D

14. Zzubbione

Zzubbione What's a Dremel?

wow.

what a mod!!! impressive. i loooove your PSU. great job.

15. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

All I can say is wow, your bondo work is amazing. Your frosted plexy has given me loads of ideas for my next case. The home made PSU case is fantastic. Very good work!

:thumb:

16. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

there are plexy cases readily available for PSU's

as far as cooling goes for thyem im more of a fan of matched fans(80mm in, 80mm out), to be sure the air that goes in goes out. but the 120 with those holes shouldnt be too much of an issue, i wouldnt predict any issues with melting.

17. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

and yes.. awsome custom work

18. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

thanx guys been running the PSU 24/7 since my last post.... almost a week back, with a water pump 3 hdds lights and other crap bla bla and its all good !! no over heating probs.

To keep intheme with the rest of the inside idecided to make afrosted plex hdd and cdrom box as well

To keep in-theme with the rest of the inside idecided to make afrosted plex hdd and cdrom box as well

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 9 Aug 2005
  19. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

Defyant style "Frost tubes"

The next idea was just a "tiwst" in the defyant style flex leeeds, and will also have its wn light sorce for a glowy effect and is intergrated
    with the RCA type power plugs.

the fan box is modded to fit a female RCA and wired to the 2 x 120mm front mega blowhole fans.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

next is ome expreimenting..... the idea is to fill the tube with sand....this will stop the plex tube from kinking flat when bending with heat.

once the plex tube is bent the sand is emptied and your wires are passed thru.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]