1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Creative wired remotes suck!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ChromeX, 4 Aug 2005.

1. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Well the title says it all really, i've done a google search and quite a few people are having problems with wired remotes on creative products. The problem is that even the slightest turn of the volume knob results in a massive change in volume, sometimes even if you dont touch the knob! I remember seeing a post a while back on this and I was wondering if a remedy was found or if anyone else has had problems.

2. quadmodz

quadmodz What's a Dremel?

I experience that. First thing to do is to check if your speaker have warranty. If no, try to find another remote for your speaker. :)

3. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

just turn it a little bit :p
    never have to turn mine past about 90 degrees

4. quack

quack Minimodder

I've got a set of 5.1 CambridgeWorks speakers, and my remote has a similar problem. It can be very tricky getting the exact volume level you want sometimes. It's not so much of a bother to have to buy new speakers though - they're out of warranty now.

5. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

i usually just set general volumes using the remote, loudish and quietish, then use application/windows volume levels to fine tune the volume

6. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Make sure your system volume is turned up to full -- if it's down at the lower end, I get this problem. The higher your system volume, the less this volume problem happens...

ch424

7. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

yeah...ive got a similar problem.....the only way i fix it as to bash it gently against my palm or tap the remote with my index finger a few time...gnerally sorts itself out but it is a pile of ****.

8. Taznc

Taznc What's a Dremel?

I had that problem too..
    Now I have an even greater problem...
    My dog chewed thrugh my remote's cord and now my speakers don't work at all...
    :-(

9. Sunny-D

Sunny-D What's a Dremel?

just re-solder the wires back together. or make a new one with some potentiometers and led's. :dremel:

10. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

LMAO, I do exactly the same thing the only problem now is that i've broken a piece of the PCB off... thing works better now than ever! If it still gives me crap im gonna do my own PCB like sunny-d suggests might post up how it was done if you guys are interested? Quadmodz, I've tried looking for a new remote but finding one is hard that'd be the perfect solution. Do you guys think creative know about this, because it seems to me like a massive flaw on the engineering side of things, I mean there's 8 people here alone nevermind any other message boards on general people on the net. The fact that you cant get a replacement (or at least one easy) kinda annoys me!

11. logan

logan flashback!

Wow. Just realised my Cambridge 4.1 speakers are around 8 years old and I've never had a problem with the volume.

They do occasionally pick up LW radio signals when my PC's turned off though. Was very disturbing lying in bed and hearing german voices muttering in the corners of my room.... :worried: