1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding comp ideas

Discussion in 'Modding' started by The Lost Monk, 6 Aug 2005.

1. The Lost Monk

The Lost Monk What's a Dremel?

ok hear is the deal my dad just got a new laptop and he is going to use it as his main computer so he is giving me this one. there is one problem i dont know the specks on this thing. so hear is the question whar do i go on the computer to find that out. plus i want to some moding to this case hears a pic if you have any ideas tell me. ok thanks.
    [​IMG]

2. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

well, theres allways the normal load mof modding stuff, but you should post some specifications for it before you really start anything.

3. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Find specs;
    Presuming its on Windows...

Start> Settings> Control panel> System> ...wait a while, and it'll say what CPU, how much Ram, and what version of XP.

Or google CPUZ, and that'll tell you a lot about the CPU/RAM, and sometimes the board :)

HTH

4. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Im betting its got a 2800+ Barton in it. My school just got a whole bunch of these in the spring to replace the old dell pos's. But yeah, like they said, just use cpu-z, it will tell you everything you need to know

5. The Lost Monk

ok i got the CPUZ thing and this is what i got from it,
    CPU- Intel pentium 4 3.00GHz
    Memory – 512 MB
    HD – 80gig
    no vidio card and the sound card is a Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit
    by the way dose anyone know hot to take screen shots of your desktop? i finaly figered out what i want this computer to be. i want to turn it into a recording studio computer and a picter/vidio editing work station. if anyone has anymore sugestions on what things to get and the case let me know. Thanks

6. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

You got the be kidding me! ITs the Print Screen Key on your keyboard in line with the F keys on most keyboards. How do you not know that? :jawdrop:

Ok now back with the computer, that cool that it has a Soundblaster Live 24-bit but thats not going to produce great results in recording (better than onboard sound but not by alot). Most recording pc use M audio cards and the good ones cost a bundle.

7. Krog_Mod

Krog_Mod Minimodder

Speaking of the Print Screen button. If you hold in the windows key on your keyboard.. and then press the pause/break button (Just a few buttons away from the Print Screen button) You'll get your system specs. Same as the instructions above.. just quicker.

8. The Lost Monk

hey i just saw that wooden ipod by zap and i got to thinking, i could do that for the front of my computer. what do you all think

9. Drivel

Drivel What's a Dremel?

i think that it is a lot cooler to do something that has not been done befor

10. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

But the wooden ipod look would definitely be cool; just make sure you have the patience to do it for the long haul; theres a lot of precision involved in that kind of thing to keep it looking good. Id say go for it; the front of a PC on its own hasnt really been done that way yet; and drivel, how many ideas do you have that you can truly claim as "original" anymore?

11. The Lost Monk

the only other theme that i can think of is a Nightmare Before Christmas one but i have no idea where to start on that one. if anyone has an idea on that hit me up

Last edited: 16 Aug 2005
  12. The Lost Monk

Anyone???

13. Warrior_Rocker

Warrior_Rocker Holder of the sacred iron

look at the cover to the video?, ive seen one done before, where the movey-moutian-walkway-bridge thing jack stands on as the window and him standing on it, the case was black and the window was behind it, no etching, becuase i think in that scenario etching just would not do justice...

14. SamHain7315

SamHain7315 What's a Dremel?

Well one idea that i have and this would work with any case. I would suggest have a steady hand and great penmenship. You could find somekind of sweet ass text and kickass looking lang like latin and do up the entire case with this. Also there is a website cant remember it off the top of myhead that had a greeat mod to put text on a case window, looked damn nice. Thought about doing it in the future just don't have great hand writing, if you saw it you'll know what I mean.