1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics How do u check temps in the bios? (with 6600gt)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bboy_Jon, 6 Aug 2005.

1. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

i flashed the bios to enable temp reading, but i wanna flash back to check my temps before flashing, how do i check them though?

2. fullfat

fullfat What's a Dremel?

on my old 6600gt, all you had to do was look in the nvidia control panel.

3. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

well its not like that for mine

also whats up witht he ambient temp in the control panel? it always reads 0 degrees, even in riva tuner

4. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

then it most not have a anbiant sensor......

5. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

hmm its an xfx just bought it from zip zoom fly, thats gay if it doesnt have one

o well how can i check the temps with out flashing? i seriously need to flash back and check the temps

i tried riva tuner before and it didnt work, only works after i flashed

6. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

What you so bothered about temps for exactly?
    If theres a problem, it'll crash. :p

7. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

well i just wanna know, xfx 6600gts are suppose to be around 40 or so degrees, mines over 50, someone had a problem were they had 40, then after flashing to see temps (before he saw temps with coolbits) then the temps were around 50, and he flashed back and forth, and the temps changed 40 to 50, and so on

so i wanna see if thats wats up

8. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

If it works, it works.
    I don't see the problem...

9. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

i want to lower my temps so i can oc more, with my auto oc at 558/1.12ghz it gets to 74 degrees

10. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

Dude, how the hell do you want to lower your temps by doing anything besides downclocking? There's absolutely no point. If you'd just admit to it being a gimmick and it being cool to show your GPU temp on an LCD (I do) or whatnot I'd understand you ;) :p

11. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

LOL, and Agreed. ;)

12. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

i want to know because, someone had a problem, where he had the same card as me had temps of 50 after flashing the bios, but after flashing back to the original bios he had 40, he repeated over and over, and the modded bios would always raise temps about 10 degrees,he was able to check his temps after enabling coolbits, but i cant

if ure not gonna help, then dont post and waste my time dude

13. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

First off, if the BIOS isn't intended for your card I'm not surprised that the temp reading is inaccurate. Secondly, it seems to be a a simple offset, one that can easily be corrected with SpeedFan. Chances are your card's sensor is buggered and your friend was lucky with his.

Thirdly, I was helping with my previous post, I was pointing out to you that there was no point in lowering temps so you can OC more. The temperature of your card is not going to change with the BIOS. If your sensor reads 40C and the card's at 50, you might even overclock to far and ruin your card, and that really would suck

PS: Please try using the punctuation characters on your keyboard, it makes your post a lot easier to read, and it's not that much trouble. "You're" is spelt that way and not ure. Please :) And it's not your time we're wasting, we're trying to help you, believe it or not.

14. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

doesnt seem like help to me

All i want to know is how i can check the temps without the modded bios, i dont want to know about my overclock, i want to know how to check the temps,

15. sadffffff

sadffffff Minimodder

as he said

if thats not good enough, i wouldnt trust a bios flash to correct it. if you really must have a gauge get an external sensor. though that wont be perfect either since it will be heatsink temp

16. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

whats speedfan?

17. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

Use google dude:
    Flashing your bios on your card isn't going to make it magically change temperature, it is just going to read it either correctly or incorrectly. Flash it back to the original, check the nVidia control panel, speedfan, ntune or whatever and it will tell you. If it doesn't then either you have the wrong bios or something is nackered. You could always use a seperate temperature probe.

For the record, my 6600GT was at 70something °C on the stock air cooler and ran without a problem, but is now at a much cooler 30something °C with a Maze4 waterblock.

18. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

ya and i did use google

and for some reason when i searched for speedfan before, i got a bunch of weird russian sites and stuff, works now though

ok heres my screen shot from smart fan

[​IMG]

which one is my video card temp? i was thinking the temp witht he check was the video card, at 43 degrees, but i went and played chronicles of riddick and the temp didnt change

so which one is my video card??

Last edited: 9 Aug 2005
  19. quantum-modder

quantum-modder What's a Dremel?

this is why i love ati

20. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

same here, id like to have my 9800 pro/xt back

this gay 6600gt cant even connect to a tv or anything through composite, basically because the svideo doesnt support adapters, they use the same adapter as my 9800 pro, and it wont work, so my lcd screen i spent so much time stickin in my case, doesnt work

Tags: