1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Land Warrior extension question

Discussion in 'Modding' started by mobius9, 9 Aug 2005.

1. mobius9

mobius9 Minimodder

I'm making a land warrior system, for those of you who don't know basically uses a video camera to see around corners and whatnot. I was wondering which cable inside the video camera would be the best to extend. I'll take pictures tomorrow.

It would basically entail the camera part being mounted in one place and the lcd screen mounted in another place, with about 3 or 4 feet of cable between them.

Can it happen or is it not worth to try? I'll be using a cvs $30 video by the way.

2. g0th

g0th What's a Dremel?

Sure, if you're talking Composite Video just use coaxial cable of the right impedence, off the top of my head i can't remember if it's 75 ohm or 50, 75 i think.

3. quantum-modder

quantum-modder What's a Dremel?

hope to see this when it is done !!!

4. mobius9

mobius9 Minimodder

no I meant like using the lcd screen thats built into the camcorder. I read a bunch of stuff about crosstalk, but I have no idea about that or if it would effect the lcd screen if I just lengthened the cords to it. Basically I'm chopping a $30 cvs camcorder up for this project.

and if its successful I'll put up a cvs camcorder mod guide or something... we'll have to see.