1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech/Microsoft Keyboard+Mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chiggyman, 11 Aug 2005.

1. chiggyman

chiggyman Banned

Soon... I need to look at getting a new keyboard and mouse. Currently i have a cheap wireless A4 Tech keyboard, and a Logitech MX700, but they interfere, if i want to control-click something, i have to place the mouse roughly 1cm from the reciever (very annoying for Photoshop shortcuts) and im also getting basic RSI from the keyboard, so its time for a change. Price does not matter (within reason, i don't want to pay £400 for a set)
    Features :
    It would be very nice if the keyboard was split (in 2 halves, the ergonomic type, im sure you know what i mean)
    MUST be wireless

Currently i was looking at Microsoft and Logitech offerings, it would be nice if they were one package that satisfied me that way only one set of drivers only one reciever clogging up my desk etc.. But Logitech don't do a split keyboard (that comes with a mouse, i would like to buy them as a set that way same reciever, more desk space etc...) Microsoft offerings look good, i liked the look of the Wireless Optical Desktop Pro, but can the mouse hold up to the sweetness of my MX700? (I also like the sound of the microsoft fingerprint scanner keyboards, its so gimmecky and geeky, i love it)
    Anyway, any advice on which one to get, any other makes i should consider?
    Cheers. Jay.

2. Veryphatpepsi

Veryphatpepsi What's a Dremel?

3. chiggyman

chiggyman Banned

Yeah the Microsoft link you sent me looked ok, the Logitech link UGH! I have an MX700 mouse already and you expect me to use that mouse, I am disgusted.... Anyone got any thoughts on that Microsoft K+M set?

4. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

I'm using a Logitech MX300 wireless KB (not the mouse) and I have no tracking issues. I can use the board on my desktop or on the kb tray below, and even up to nearly 6 feet (2 meters) away. I also have no issues playing games, esp FPS's. If the Logitech split is anything like this one, you'll have no issues with it. In fact, I wanted that one, but it was still a bit to much for me, considering this one was only $30 shipped. Since you dislike the mouse, you could drop the split (like I did, the normal isn't bad afterall) and go for the MX3100 combo of the LX700 wireless kb and Logitech's MX1000 mouse, or not.

I have been wondering if any Logitech wireless mouse will use any reciever besides its own.

I'm afraid of wireless MS offerings. My one and only xperience with one (their wireless Intellimouse 4 I think) was horrible, and the thing wouldn't track well at all, needing contant resets.

5. Tetsugaku-San

Tetsugaku-San What's a Dremel?

Currently using Microsoft wireless desktop elite - rocks my world TBH :)

get the bluetooth version if your feeling particularly flush.

I love to knock M$ as much as the next man but they make surprisingly good hardware.