1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PheonixBios on AMD Athlon 1200.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WormSnot, 11 Aug 2005.

1. WormSnot

WormSnot What's a Dremel?

I need help on either changing or updating the bios on my computer. I would like to over clock but I cannot chnage my FSB or multiplier.

I have and

AMD Athlon 1.4 Ghz (running at 1.2Ghz), VIA KT 133 chipset. The bios is PheonixBios, and I cannot find anything on the web to help me out.

Thanks in advance.

2. Predalien

Predalien What's a Dremel?

That's not a Bios problem... it's just that your motherboard can't change those settings. Nothing will change even if you update the bios. Anyway it's a little weird that you can't change the fsb. Maybe you could tell us the name of you're motherboard, then it's easy to find out if you can do what you want to

3. WormSnot

I will check it when I get home from work tonight and post the make and model of the board.

4. WormSnot

It is a A7V-VM. Sorry for the late response.

5. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

any bios updates will be on the motherboard site....not the phoenix bios site.

but yes, not being able to change multiplayer is the fault of a crap motherboard not the bios!

6. chickenman23

chickenman23 What's a Dremel?

Yeah I know that now. I just bought a new board and processor yesterday. Now I know that I can over clock it. By the way it was Wormsnot posting for me.

Last edited: 18 Aug 2005