1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TRIBALOVERKILL's Project: "Blackout"

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tribaloverkill, 16 Aug 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tribaloverkill

tribaloverkill Who needs sleep,... bah.

Ok,... last night during my down time at work I had done alot of thinking. With all of this thinking I had made up my mind. I now know what I have to do. This is something that I haven't really taken into consideration before because of the fact that it might be a slight pain in the arse to do. I don't quite know for sure yet. But what I do know is that once I'm done,... it's going to be the coolest thing ever and that won't regret it!!! I decided to,...

... switch to Gieco, because they can save me 15% or more on my car insurance :D.

2. Neo40k

Neo40k What's a Dremel?

Amazing work on the case so far

.....are you really switching......???

3. -Enforcer-5716M4

-Enforcer-5716M4 What's a Dremel?

Dude, I hate you. You suck! :(:(:(:(

Naw, just jealous... :)))

4. Pete_Venkman

Pete_Venkman What's a Dremel?

5. Zekey

Zekey What's a Dremel?

Wow, how did I miss this?

/Subscribed.

6. tribaloverkill

LOL. No. :)

7. retrogamer

retrogamer What's a Dremel?

You sir are a legend. You have too much money and too much time though! :p Excellent work and Im loving the spongebob humour :D

Those pump shields are just :jawdrop:

Keep up the awsome work! :D :thumb:

8. tribaloverkill

I'm not a legend yet:) Give me some more time.

9. ctrl_alt_del

ctrl_alt_del What's a Dremel?

man I don't post a lot but damn thats a nice project!

10. MoOstick

MoOstick What's a Dremel?

So? what's up doc? any updates, we're hungry ... :waah:

11. dex2407

dex2407 What's a Dremel?

quality :)

12. Zzubbione

Zzubbione What's a Dremel?

13. tribaloverkill

GAWD I LOVE LISTEN TO SOME GOOD TECHNO/ TRANCE WHILE WORKING ON MY COMPUTER!!! It's werid but it helps me think and the ideas flow easier throughout my little brain :silly:. Anyone listen to digitallyimported.com? I love them. Anyways, this is an update!!! It's am early update atleast for me. I dont know how much more I will get done today so this is why I am updating now. SO,... I needed a change of scenery so I decided tocut up some more of my case instead of finidhing the pump tower. Now,... that I cut my case up I will be starting the pump tower now. TO THE PICS!!!

Oh my? Why is my second level floor thing taped off? Hmmmm,....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Goodness,... drilling out rivets? I wonder,...
    [​IMG]

I KNEW IT! HA! HELL YEAH! WHOOOOOO!
    [​IMG]

Some stuff I removed from the case. I told you guyz I did some thinking and this is one of the many things I have figured out. I didnt like that I was going to have to pass the hoses and wires through the floor through holes so I just flat out got rid of it. I had some ideas to make the passing of the hoses and wires through the floor look good but I wasn't 100% about it.
    [​IMG]

Question,... thi sever happen to you? Thi sthing flew off like a hub cap that just flew of a tire. It was spinning around like crazy!
    [​IMG]

Here something for you guyz to learn. I used this thin sheet of metall inbetween the mobo tray and whats left of the floor. This will prevent me from filing away the mobo tray while filing away at the the floor. Worked great. I have done this before.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I did this to open up the area in front of the HDD's and the PSU area. You know what,... I'm going to tell you guyz now. There are going to be more shields. Lots more. Theres most likely going ot be two for each HDD rack. The PSU is going to have like,... 4 - 6 of them? Not sure yet. Plus it whill have a panel ontop where all the hose will pass through. The MOBO will have it's own shileds too. The shields will be the equivalent of a mobo cover. Except all my shields will be adjustable so your can reposition them if I should get another mobo or install some more PCU cards, whatever. There might be another shield or shields covering whats inside the 5.25" bay above the drives. Will see. Oh,... there might be some kind of cover for the back of the HDDs too. Let me know what you think? OH,... LOL. Once more thing. I have changed my plans for the front of the computer. Instead of just installing the UV green panels behind the tinted. Theres one more thing going in there first. A thin sheet of aluminum with the usual suqares and grooves. There will be one for ecah panel I put in there. They will all be different. They will also be designed in a way so you can tell its a panel instead of just some glowing boxes and grooves. Now you guyz know what I have planned for you all. STAY TUNED!!!! MUH HA HA HA HA HA!!!

14. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

holy sh!t

when i saw what you did i didnt fully realise

but damn that looks sweet, im suprised no one else has done that!

i cant wait to see this project progress more!

15. tribaloverkill

Thanks bro:) You see that whitish looking wire clip on the slanted portion of the second level floor? I think I will cut that off. It's buggin me.

16. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

please do! its bugging me!

plus you can get wiring through there easily :D

its sooo sweet, the lines are sooo clean and sexy!

keep up the awesome work

17. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

nice update. What ever hapen to the panle that was covering the side of the drive bays?

18. tribaloverkill

I still have them. They are stored away for safe keeping. I dont need them right now.

19. Rd52

Rd52 Minimodder

looks way better with floor thing chopped off. i hav a question how much have you spent on all of this? and i hava a pic for you my friend i think some people may not like it.

w00t im'a goofy gobber
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. tribaloverkill

I dont know how much this all cost me. Thousands, thats all I can say. The pics are sweet! LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.