1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Flyin Bananamaster

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by coolmiester, 22 Sep 2005.

1. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

Project: Flyin Bananamaster - 22 September

I know this colour won't be everyone’s cup of tea but i just love it........and it's even brighter in real life :p

I've had most of the components for this one for a little while now but other commitments meant it all sat round for a while but eventually i made a start.

This will be my new work machine

[​IMG]

Component list:
    Wavemaster Yellow
    Lan Party NF3 250GB M/Board
    AMD Athlon64 3200
    2x 512mb OCZ 3200 Platinum Cas 2
    Tagan 480watt
    74gig Raptor

Cooling List:
    TDX CPU Block(nozzle 1)
    NV-68 GFX Block
    Laing DDC-12v Pump
    BIX Double Rad
    Floppy Bay Res

Anyway, here goes...

First off to strip the case down of everything that can be removed as there is a little bit of cutting to get a double Rad to fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got to remove the 2x 80mm fans from the front also which have to be de-riveted by simply drilling the top off the rivet with an oversized drill bit and the rivet should simply fall out the other side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Time to mask off the top and turn the case up side down, as some of the PSU cage needs to come out so the Rad will fit in.

Cutting out this one section (red arrow) will not weaken the cage at all and will allow the double rad to mount far enough in

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to follow 8)

Last edited: 22 Sep 2005
  2. coolmiester

OK…got all the top marked out with a dual grill ready for cutting

[​IMG]

I’m using a rusty old grill that will be sanded and painted black later

[​IMG]

/…and here it is cut and holes drilled ready for the double BIX to be fitted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As you can see…..i’m carrying the black and yellow theme through onto the mainboard which is a Lan Party nF3 250GB (no shiny bits on this one)

[​IMG]

3. coolmiester

Did think about painting the inside but i quite like the bear new aluminium and nothing i could do to it would make it look better than what it does.....i need to get this case finished and up and running asap :)

Anyway....sanded and painted the grill which has turned out pretty good even though i say so myself.

5 coats of primer and 15 coats of gloss black and then wet sanded and polished with T Cut

Took a long time....think it was worth it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. coolmiester

I got the water installed and thought you might like to see some pictures :)

/........still got a few things to do though!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. coolmiester

Yeah there was one or two UV cathodes but it takes something to glow well to shine through the Black Out Film which is used on the window........you'll see :cool:

It helps to use Good UV Dye to start with though :naughty:

Bit of an update also

Mounted the DD DDC-12v pump in the usual place but it leaves much more room for more hard drives than having a 1250 in there.

I also tried the rad the other way round this time to see if it makes for better flow but i doubt it..........you never know though!

After that i used the cut-out from the Ventmster to mark the side panel because i quite like that window shape and will kind of link all three Wavemasters together even though they are all a little different.......obviously i will be using Black Out Film on the window ;)

After cutting the window i took a trip to Halfords with my side panel under arm for a colour match and ended up with some strange looks and a Fiat Broom Yellow Scratch Repair Kit to use on the cut edge once it was filed smooth.

Two coats of primer and i think around 5 coats of yellow....the little brush has like five hairs in it and takes about an hour to do an inch hehehehe.... once it dried i T-Cutted it which brought most of the paint off :twisted:

Looks OK though, anyway on with some more pictures....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. coolmiester

I didn't want to use wet n dry on a painted edge like that so T Cut was the next best thing...........was just to flatten and get rid of any imperfections but i think i should have let the paint dry a bit longer than a couple of hours :mad:

Turned out OK in the end.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. coolmiester

Finally got the Flyin Banana finished so my apologies for loads of pictures but they show it off much better than words :)

/.......on with some pictures...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. coolmiester

Just a quick update to.

Needed to fit a fan controller in and seeing as it couldn't go in a normal 5.25" bay because the curved door on the Wavemaster hit the knobs when trying to shut the door had to basically take the Vantec to bits and mod it into the top of the case...........couldn't find anywhere else to fit it but i'm quite happy with the outcome :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the black and yellow works well together....kinda makes it look like something edible for some reason.....or am i just loosing it :D

And a few pictures with the fan controller fitted...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. coolmiester

10. R@Mo

R@Mo What's a Dremel?

What a sweet mod! Love the yellow/black banana theme! :thumb:

11. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Yellow Cheesecake! :D