1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Nibbler

Discussion in 'Modding' started by zmodder, 1 Oct 2005.

1. zmodder

zmodder What's a Dremel?

neone ever use a nibbler? how are they? iam thinkin of getting one cause those old p3 or those heavy thick cases eat dremel discs like mad. nibblers they worth the $10?

2. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

take a look at the last post in the feeding Frenzy project log in the Project logs forum, that should give you a good idea :)

3. Protius-X

Protius-X What's a Dremel?

If you're prepared to sit for hours and have sore hands its worth it. And steel cases are no match for the reinforced dremel discs.

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Wear work gloves, but they're OK. I prefer a dremel, but you're far less prone to slipping. Chances are if you're chewing through dremel disks, you're either pressing too hard, not using a high enough speed or using crappy disks (use at least the heavy duty ones, the fiberglass reinforced are best). Save the fact that I snapped a disk in half, the entire last update of Frozenfire was done with effectively one standard 'heavy duty' disk. Yes, it is aluminum, but THICK aluminum (a good 2mm thick, versus the 0.8-1.0mm that most steel cases are)

5. zmodder

zmodder What's a Dremel?

well i havent had the chance to work with a nice aluminum case yet :( the case that i got off my brother already has a window in it and i havent payed him for it lol so i dun know if he would be happy if i modded the window a bit :)

6. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

1.0 mm steel is very time consuming to work with when you use a nibbler; your hands will be quite sore, but the results are worth it; the edges are relatively smooth and it is very easy to create curves with a nibbler. However, you'll need a dremel for anything that ends in a corner smaller than about 70*.

7. Emon

Emon What's a Dremel?

If you get a real nibbler with large handles and a sharp tip, it'll be easy. If you buy one of the cheap ones made for modding with the short handles and dull tip, moderately thick steel will have your hands sore in no time.

8. oda

oda What's a Dremel?

:dremel: is this?
    [​IMG]