1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Good DVD encoding software?

Discussion in 'Software' started by hitman012, 21 Sep 2005.

1. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

I'm looking for a good piece of software which I can use to burn some AVI files I have of TV shows etc to DVD for viewing away from my computer. I've tried NeroVision Express, but that seems to get the audio right out of sync.

Can anyone recommend any software for this purpose.

2. -=ByteMan=-

-=ByteMan=- What's a Dremel?

I use Mainconcept Mpeg Encoder, to convert avi's to DVD compatible Mpeg. I then use TMPeg DVD Author to convert the mpeg files to DVD format, then I burn them with Nero 6

3. timmehtimmeh

timmehtimmeh Minimodder

try this, http://www.vso-software.fr/divxtodvd/divxtodvd.htm

VSO DivxtoDvd

I started using it a few weeks ago and am very happy with the results. It doesn't have any menu creating function but if your ok to navigate on your dvd player using Title and Chapter markers, then this is the kit you want. Once you've configured it, it's as simple as dragging up to about 3 hours of AVI content on to the screen and saying go. It will create a video_ts folder for you with 5 minute track length indexes which you can change if you want to. Then burn away with nero. Pretty good quality mpeg2 conversion too.

4. alcedes

alcedes What's a Dremel?

Nero 6 works pretty well

5. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Sorry for the bumpage, but I'm still having the problem. I just got round to trying this software forgot about it totally), so I used the VSO program (which was good) to convert to DVD, then tried to burn this with Nero 6. Burn went fine... playing on PC or DVD player did not. Still out of sync :(

Any ideas?

6. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Tried it on a different player? my old dvd player went out of sync loads, but my new one is fine :)

7. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Nope, no go on my main PC or my other one. Just encoded it to an image file instead of a DVD using Nero again and it's still about half a second out, so it's definitely a software problem.

8. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I suppose, though could be worth a try on a mates DVD player! :)

Tags: