1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixing Mobo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by c0d3_z3r0, 19 Oct 2005.

1. c0d3_z3r0

c0d3_z3r0 What's a Dremel?

I was looking inside my closet, and I found an Emachines T2482 (my old PC until I built my new one), and I powered it up with the CPU and ram that I have now on my PC, and no video came out, so I looked around the Mobo and I found 2 broken traces close to where the CPU locking lever is and how do I fix them?
    The traces are a little bit far from each other, but If I put some wires there I might bridge them.
    So is there a way of fixing the broken traces, they look like an easy fix to get the PC back into working order, but I'm not sure how to fix it.
    I'm going to see what I can find on how to fix it, I was thinking of using a conductive ink pen to fix it, but I'm not very sure.

What do you guys suggest?

2. c0d3_z3r0

Last edited: 19 Oct 2005
  3. RynoRFC

RynoRFC What's a Dremel?

If each trace is only broken in one spot then a little dot of solder might be all it takes. Even if it doesn't fix the computer, it'll be good practice with the soldering iron.

4. serial_

serial_ What's a Dremel?

I second this opinion.

- serial_

5. c0d3_z3r0

Yeah, I'll see what I can do, If I can fix this, I might make it a small media center.