1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V 1Gb mp3 player for those on a budget

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by icarus, 9 Nov 2005.

1. icarus

icarus What's a Dremel?

hi i was looking round the other day for a good but still cheap mp3 player and i noticed that most places are around the £100 mark and i was quite shocked until i took a trip to my local currys and found that they sell a little know mp3 player called Logik now this isnt the best on the market i know but offfers 1gb for £50! battery life is poor only 8 hours but 1gb for £50 is pretty good in my opinion and offers lots of added bonuses for the price eg backlit screen not too common on cheap players and also has many other cool functions like an easy folder browser.

for £50 id say anyone wanting a cheap replacement for a cdplayer or jsut as an xmas pressie for kids ect should consider these babys :)

cheers
    Icarus

i cant as of yet post a link cos it keeps crashing the IE window but take a look in you local currys as the 512 from the same company is actually £9 more :D

2. 731|\|37

731|\|37 ESD Engineer in Training

SHAME ON YOU!!!!! http://www.mozilla.org/

I would think of a few more criteria besides just size. Sound quality is a MUST. I would look for reviews from a few trusted sources. Brand name following is also good to do when shopping for electronics. Creatice, iRiver, apple have made a few good ones. I use a creative nomad 512. got it from newegg for about $85 and it works pretty well. decent battery life, custom and preset eq settings, and runs off a AAA so I have an on-the-fly solution

3. icarus

icarus What's a Dremel?

electronics seem to be far more pricey over in blighty mate, id consider a 1gb mp3 player thats reasonably well built for £50 quite a find and ive been looking for a cheap solution for a while now, plus you get waht you pay for, if i wasnted millions of extra functions id be willing to pay the extra, this case is for those who want a cheap solution for work where they know it will be killed or for kids who will do likewise

4. 731|\|37

Im just inclined to point out that we live in a disposable world

5. 731|\|37

double post error

6. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

....and you are a disposable girl?

sorry. couldn't resist.

7. icarus

icarus What's a Dremel?

we live in a disposable world hence why we would rather pay less for something that will undoubtable die in the long run no matter how expesive the item is its gona break id just rather pay £50 than £100 for a disposable item :)

8. 731|\|37

disposable to an extent. Stuff I actualy pay a chunk for lasts...except those tosters...

9. icarus

icarus What's a Dremel?

well this mp3 player has so far lasted quite well and i punnish all my items to a large extent, its been on every night playing music whilst i sleep, got trapped in a car door and dropped a few times on wet tarmac and still looks new, id say its well built