1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rock Extreme CT notebook

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 25 Nov 2005.

1. Alasdair @ Rock

Alasdair @ Rock rock

I use the Vodafone card quite a lot. It is expensive per MB but for a business user it will quickly pay for itself especially on the £45/month unlimited tariff. Depends what line of business you're in but for our top bods here, for them to be able to check email and keep an eye on our systems while out of the office saves us more than £45 every month anyway.

transfer rates are usually perfectly good for web browsing and email etc. Internet gaming wouldn't work becasue latencies are too high but for everything else it's about the same speed in practice as that 250Kb/sec entry level broadband that NTL used to do in my experience.

The card is a freebie with all our Centrino notebooks anyway and you get 10MB to play with before you pay for anything.

christmas falls on 25th december <- does it work yet? :worried:

2. blunty

blunty What's a Dremel?

I'll soon be a rock notebook owner :cooldude:
    Can't wait for it to come!
    Got one of those cool Pakuma Akara K3 bags with it.
    Is there much room in the bag for books etc, or just the notebook?

3. Alasdair @ Rock

Alasdair @ Rock rock

4. richie_ie_2005

richie_ie_2005 What's a Dremel?

do you think it's worth buying this now or waiting for yonah in jan/feb. will prices go up for yonah? id love to have it for chrimbo

5. Alasdair @ Rock

Alasdair @ Rock rock

we're covered with NDAs for a lot of things so I can't comment on this particular release.

However, looking back at previous chipset releases, the chipset for discrete graphics (notebooks that have a 7800 GTX for example) has come around 2/3 months after that for integrated graphics.

+ we could just about get you one of these in time for chrimbo if you ordered monday

Tags: Add Tags