Networks Networking between xp to 98

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by newbietech, 7 Dec 2005.

1. newbietech

newbietech What's a Dremel?

Hello all guys!

I have a problem with Networking between WindowsXP and Windows98 with 2 systems.

I have a small office n/w with 20 computers.all the computers are connected to a Router using ethernet cards and share required data.The operating system MS Windows XP.But 21th system and 22st system running MS Windows 98.How to installing all system with network between a MS Windows98 and MS Windows XP systems.Any one give me helpfull suggestion.

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_...s/wxpwin9x.html

I know this site.How to connect XP to 98 But one problem is there i don't know how to connect another system.I am using one system to this method.But i want to connect one more system.Any one give me helpfull sugessions.

Best Regard

2. CaseyBlackburn

CaseyBlackburn Network Techie

Last time I checked, it would be the same as any old network, I have never needed to do anything special when I had a network with win98 computers on it.

3. Trevelyan

Trevelyan What's a Dremel?

I'm guessing you're using something like a switch or a hub to connect all the computers to a router right? I don't exactly get what you want... do you want the 98 machines to access the data on all the XP machines and the XP machines access the data on the 98 machines, which you're having trouble doing? Or can't you get the 98 machine on the network?

4. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Setting up a network on windows 98 isn't as user friendly as XP, but the protocols are the same.

As Trevelyan said, what exactly do you want helpwith?

Do you have a central server too?

You probably want to set up an IP address, if manually you can simply do that in control panel and network settings.

Tags: