1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ballmer has to buy a 360 like everyone else

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 8 Dec 2005.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I'm even less impressed by the thing after seeing it in person. Once it gets hacked to act as a normal PC, I'll perk up towards it a bit more.

but... pwned!

3. Nottheking

Nottheking What's a Dremel?

I highly doubt that the Xbox 360 will be able to be as easily hacked to work as a "standard PC" unlike the original Xbox... It uses a completely different assembly set, as well as a machine language that is apparently different as well, based on the Power arcitecture used by IBM, rather than the AMD/Intel x86 arcitecture.

But at any rate, It's good to see the high & mighty be humbled in this way, so that they know what it's like to be everyone else. They could use the experience, and perhaps the Xbox 3 launch will be much improved because of this. What better way for them to gain experience they're obviously lacking by actually putting themselves in the real-world shoes of their customers?

4. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

ok, so maybe hes unable to get one through special channels (although, im calling bull**** there, I reckon its just for the sake of PR), but I would have thought one of the advantages of being a multi-billionaire would be that he can just grab one on ebay if he was really that fussed :worried:

5. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Awww the poor billionairs children.... I feel bad that the slave laborers here in China aren't working around the clock.

6. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam What's a Dremel?

:hehe:

7. Jhonbus

Jhonbus What's a Dremel?

It's always this exact situation at xmas with the new stuff. I remember last year when I worked at PC World it was the same with those dumb "slimline" PS2s. Then a boatload of them got stuck in the Suez canal or something. It was pretty funny that almost every call we got from customers was answered with "No, sorry we don't have any in stock." -- people wanting either the PS2s or iPods. We didn't have any of either :)

Tags: Add Tags