1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Room+computer

Discussion in 'General' started by dazedpro, 15 Jan 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

MWW: true. evolution is heading the right way.

dom: i just use one monitor for gaming. running all at the same time would need WAY better gfx cards and CPU (and memory)

i don't know of any other game than MS flightsim that can handle multimonitor gaming.

2. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

Similodon, do you ever actually use all of those monitors at once. IE: web design, video editing, 3d modelling, coding, etc? or do you just have them for the fun of it (spending money that is). I know that the only reason I have more than two monitors is because when my family bought TFT's for the computers I went klepto on the CRT's :worried:

3. Adnuo

Adnuo Banned

I have 3 monitors, and I've decided I could make use for at least 2 more. 1 for IRC, 1 for Samurize, Gaim, and Winamp, 1 for Firefox, 1 for misc windows, like system process monitors (think Disk Defragmenter, etc. etc.), torrent client windows, things like HTTrack windows, tons of different things, then my main monitor. I'd still absolutely love 4 VESA-device mounted TFTs surrounding my 21" Trinitron in the middle. Think one on each side, plus monitors above the bottom ones. A rectangle 2 tall by 3 wide, with my main monitor in the middle on bottom.

Alternatively, a 2 tall by 3 wide rectangle made up of only 2005FPWs. Better yet, 2405FPWs.

While I'm at it, I would mind a DB9 :>

4. NzC

NzC What's a Dremel?

I have 3 monitors on my main PC (and TV-out preview from Video Editing APP) but I don't want any more. I have a whole bunch of PCs though, so I have my secondary one for Bit Torrent and Music/TV. This is nice because I have the full power of my main PC for video editing, programing, or whatever. I also have my laptop for IMing and Email. As much as I AM drooling over the array, I would rather split them among two PCs.

5. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

it's mostly for fun. I haven't had the time to use the computer much since i got the two last ones.when i had 3 i used all of them; one for websurfing/video, one for chatting and one for girder/winamp.

i'm playing withe the idea of taking the two 17"monitors out of their frame and make some sort of custom dual monitor wallframe. sort of like a digital pictureframe.

i'm also planning on making a HTPC, so i can use some of them as pictureframes driven by the htpc. so many ideas, and so little time.. :sigh:

6. BiReL41r

BiReL41r What's a Dremel?

Good man, nice desktop wallpaper. Schumi is still the man!

7. Tolsk

Tolsk What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    phear the green lazyboy of lowerback pain :p

omg 700th post ^^

Last edited: 29 Dec 2005
  8. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Thats my monitor and about half my speaker set, you bloody poser :p

9. Tolsk

Tolsk What's a Dremel?

bah half your speaker set dont be rediculose the toher 2 speakers are up on the wall(see cables) and the sub is ont e other side of the desk. and i bought the monitor on your reccomendation you nutball

10. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

My cozy little gaming/work place:
    Left Wall:
    [​IMG]

Front (facing window and driveway):
    [​IMG]

Rig (felt like adding it, just installed w/c :p ):
    [​IMG]

And no I didn't make my desk messy jsut for the pic, it's always like that unless I gotta do my homework, then I clean up just enough to fit my piece of paper there :D

I actualy use that orange UV fan in case any of you are wondering

11. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Ugh, so unfair. I need a real chair. Mine's not too bad, but I need more squishy. And less being a cheaparse. Oh well, can't have everything.

12. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

@ Tolsk -- How can you type/game while leaning that far back? Even if you got a wireless keyboard, that must be at least a little annoying.

@ DarkLord -- Of course you messied your desk just for Bit, it looks as if you picked everything off the floor and piled it on your desk.

13. Tolsk

Tolsk What's a Dremel?

nah, see im about 6'4" and have long arms, and i pull the chair right up next to the footstool.

14. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I doubt that... it's how my room gets pretty quick. About once a month I have to go through and purge, after which I can usually see carpet/desk again for some amount of time. The cycle repeats, depression++, and I continue to curse at my three-year-old self for picking the smallest room in the house after we moved here. Though for fifteen years of only taking stuff in and throwing out nothing but wrappers, I'm doing pretty good. (yes, I purged earlier today)

Need to re-pic. Just bought a new DVD rack and got a fern for Christmas, zen++, chi++, space--. I think my "AI is no match for Natural Stupidity" bumper sticker is really helping the available space seem more open. Of course, my replacement speaker set and stuff from Austria should be coming soon, which means more to deal with. Anyone with a Z-680/Z-5500 speaker set knows how big the sub is; I'll have two. I think I'll piss off dom_ and just stack the new one on top, completely ignoring how it'll detract from audio quality. I'll have to edit this with a pic... just close the door and the 3am camera flash won't bother anyone :)

/edit - ah, here we go. Something current :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes, if you're going to ask, that IS a Newegg beach towel thumbtacked to my wall. Missed the "I have a clean carpet" thing a bit, but oh well. Unfortunately the camera focused on my chair rather than on my monitors on the last one... It's livable for the moment, anyways, even if I have already gone nocturnal over the break from school.

Last edited: 30 Dec 2005
  15. Hybr1d

Hybr1d Bаnned

Money Shot 1
    [​IMG]

Money Shot 2
    [​IMG]

The Work Environment
    [​IMG]

The RetroPuter!
    [​IMG]

The Chair Of Endless Pwnage!
    [​IMG]

hAy DB9, w00t i_R_t3h sexAy m0f0!! lmfao1!!!1!1!11!oneonetwobucklemyshoe </P2D>
    [​IMG]

w00t 4 wh1te!
    [​IMG]

A REAL man's firmware! v1.5 ftvv!
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the crapola image quality, my XDA IIs's camera is teh_sux :blah:

16. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

For the last time YOU ARE NOT HAVING A RIDE IN MY mums DB9 ffs stop asking.

17. Hybr1d

Hybr1d Bаnned

Awww, I'll miss riding in your mum's DB9

18. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

Right, mines a pigs sty (for me) ATM:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Please exuse the naff quality, its from my phone :sigh:

-Fr4nk

19. Hybr1d

Hybr1d Bаnned

That's why I aint envious of yer 2x21" CRTS!

H00093!

20. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.