1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows War rocks?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by perplekks45, 20 Dec 2005.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Just wanted to ask you if anyone else than me gave War Rock a try.
    It's a free game due to beta status and feels kinda like BF2 (lite if you want). :thumb:
    Graphics are nice and goddamn smooth at 1024 @ max details and 2xAA on XP 2600+, 1GB DDR400, 6600GT @ 540/1150. Minimum fps ~60.

Get it at GamersHell and tell me what you think of it.

// Edit: Oh just found this on GamersHell... Soldat full? Niiiice. :D

2. LockmanX

LockmanX What's a Dremel?

I played it for about 20 minutes. Deleted it just after. It was just too cheap and cheesy for me. Free is cool but I think BF2 is worth the cash if you want a game like that.

3. -=ice=-

-=ice=- What's a Dremel?

Ditto

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

There seems to be incredible lag between pressing the key to do so and when you climb in or on a vehicle.

Pretty good for free, but I prefer DOD:S tbh :)

5. perplekks45

Yea, lag is a damn problem with this one. Got like 2xx ping. Shouldn't happen with 6MBit/s flat rate. :eyebrow:

6. fullfat

fullfat What's a Dremel?

well the game isnt finished guys. sheesh, its got ALOT of potential though, ive been playing it for a few days now and its pretty good. once the little bugs have been sorted out, gfx optimised and other bits added/finished it could be a great game.

give it a proper chance before casting your mind on it imho
    :)

7. perplekks45

I do. I won't judge it before hitting gold status. This is beta and it should be seen as beta as well. What would have happened if the first people playing CS Alpha 0.1 had said "Damn, that sucks. Let's never play it again as it won't get better than now anyways."? I play CS since Beta 2.1 and HELL YEA it got a lot better since then!
    Let's wait and play the free version. Help those guys @ beta testing while building a community as soon as possible.

8. -=ice=-

-=ice=- What's a Dremel?

My Ditto was purely based on my opinion of the beta, if i get reminded when it goes gold, and theres a demo i'll give it another go :thumb:

Not worth the download atm imo, unless you really strapped for something to play :)

9. DivineSin

DivineSin What's a Dremel?

I love this game, it gets rather addicting once you learn to deal with the lag. Since its in beta you really cant tell what the final product is going to be like, but it does take skill to get more than a single kill without dieing. I cant believe they have so many ranks though..like 50 of them.

10. LockmanX

LockmanX What's a Dremel?

I know its beta, and if they fix the short falls, it could be a good game. However, I doubt it will still be free in finished form. All the same, I can't help but think "too little, too late" as BF2 has pretty much taken over. Established players aren't going to want to give up thier progress. New players might go for the game, if they hear of it. I found War Rock by chance in a digg search. On the other hand, EA is force feeding advertisments anywhere they can. It doesn't really look like WR is bringing anything new to the table anyway.

My prediction is that it will develope a small, movie cult-esque following of die hard players and fade away slowly in the shadow of other games.

11. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

downloading it now, to see if it'll run on the girlfriends pc. :eek:

Edit - well downloaded and installed it, tried to play but it was getting server errors or something :(

Last edited: 21 Dec 2005
  12. Mante

Mante What's a Dremel?

Yeah I have found that game in Softonic.com and when i try it it was realy lag the servers and i didn't like so much

Tags: