1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with slave drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Melov, 25 Dec 2005.

1. Melov

Melov What's a Dremel?

This has only happened one other time before and I ended up just reformatting it and reinstalling it.

All my music is located on my E drive.

So today I try and open one of my playlists on winamp and I notice it isn't there anymore. I go onto my E drive and see about half of my songs missing and all my playlists. I decided to restart my computer, after a long boot up my entire E drive is gone. I really don't want to reformat it again. I'm hoping the music is still there and Windows is just being dumb. I don't know if the drive just started to delete itself or what... My Bios notices the slave drive. Can anyone help or have any suggestions?

Service pack 2, all updated. This happened before like a year ago...

2. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Sounds like filesystem corruption to me. Try running chkdsk on the drive... Start>Run>cmd> Type "chkdsk e:" (no quotes).

3. Melov

Melov What's a Dremel?

C:\Documents and Settings\Randy>chkdsk e:
    Cannot open volume for direct access.

Tried in safe mode too.

4. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Does the Device Manager show any issues? Also try running "diskmgmt.msc" and seeing if there are any problems there. It'll show the physical devices so the fact that it's not seeing the partition isn't a problem there.

5. Melov

Melov What's a Dremel?

It's not showing the partition at all... :-/