1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treo 600 power

Discussion in 'General' started by Drivel, 29 Dec 2005.

1. Drivel

Drivel What's a Dremel?

ok so im out in utah sking haveing a jolly good time and what do you know the power cable on my treo600 breaks does anyone know how to "hard-wire" the cable to the plug do that i can get a charge i would just get a new one but they have to ship it and by then my cell will be dead or ill be gone and neither will be good

any help would be gr8

-drivel

2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

So the cable on the charger snapped?

A picture would help, or a quick sketch in paint.

If that is the case, chances are you can just strip it back, and remove the damaged section, then resolder it all.

3. Drivel

Drivel What's a Dremel?

i cant get any pics no cam but i tryed cutting it back but the problm is well one of them is that there are 4 wires on the cable and 5 on the the plug part

4. cebla

cebla What's a Dremel?

If you can find the break as long as you connect the broken part up with the same wire it was connected to before it doesn't realy matter how they end up in the plug

5. Vigfus

Vigfus Born to be...

Is it like this...

[plug]-------- [break] --------[other plug]

Or this?

[plug]---------------- [break] [other plug]

Since you state there are four wires in the cord and five in the plug, ill assume you are faced with the second one... If there are no signs to tell you where to put each wire i belive you are screwed.
    Could you be more specific with how there are five wires in the plug? Makes no sense.

6. Drivel

Drivel What's a Dremel?

it was the second one but after much testing orders i relized that i i could open the accula jack and the wires go from the pins where it connects to the cable and then goes the the pins that go into the palm.

what i did was open that up and splice those wires and hooked it up that way w00t w00t i have a cell again

thanks for all the help

7. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

good job!!!

I would of been panicing, running round asking everyone if they have a charger :p