Video Card, Memory, and Crashing Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoJo2201, 7 Jan 2006.

1. JoJo2201

JoJo2201 What's a Dremel?

Issue 1: (i didnt think i should make like 5 seperate threads so i made one with all my problems)

So, ive been playing CSS alot latley, and ive been able to run it fine on my mx4000 at 1280x1024, with like 49 fps (my card was over clocked to 350/440 (default is 275/400)), and my 1.6 GHz sempron at a whopping 1.72 GHz, anyways, its was all good for like the firs week, and for the past 3 days, its been getting more and more lag, and for some reason, it will randomly freeze and the sound will just loop, and when i finnaly come back im usually dead, and it dosnt matter what resolution i tried to run it at, it was still the same (even at like low detail 800x600), so un installed and re-installed the graphics drvers, and then i noticed that nvidia drivers say my card is operating on the PCI bus, which in fact it is agp.

[​IMG]

So, first off, why is the game going all crazy, and how do i change the settings so that it knows its AGP (and could that cause problems with the game??)

Issue 2:

In my BIOS, it says my ram is operating at like 133 MHz, when its DDR333, how do i change it so that it is set to the correct frequency?

Issue 3:

Some times when i exit out of a game (UT2004, bf1942, CSS, etc) the comuter gives me that send error report stuff, and then it restarts it self, for no apparent reason. and when it turns back on (some of the time), all the stuff in the msconfig start up is rechecked, which really pisses me off cause it takes for ever to fully boot up, so i have to go through and re do all of that.

so, why does it crash when exiting a game, why is every thing checked when it reboots, and is there any sort of program that can "lock" the windows settings, cause like AIM, no metter how many times i uncheck that, when i open it, bam, checked again, and other programs do this too (when i open them there automatically checked again)?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Wow, i know i just sputtered off like 10 problems, but your help on anything will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

P.S. How come no ones ever on the bit-tech CSS server??

2. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Are you sure nothing's overheating? Check CPU and GPU (if you can) core temperatures at idle and load, then post them back here.

As for your RAM... have you set a divider in the BIOS? It should read at 166MHz if it's DDR333 (it's DDR, so the transfer rate is effectively multiplied by two).

3. JoJo2201

im sorry, but i dont know how to check the tempatures, could you please inform me? thanks.

4. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

I don't think the MX440 supports temperature monitoring. However, you can check whether your CPU's in spec by downloading SpeedFan and posting a pic after loading it with SuperPI.

5. JoJo2201

6. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

That's just what I needed - it looks like temperatures are all within spec there. Have you tried reverting both your CPU and graphics back to stock and seeing if it still crashes?

7. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

if the games are restarting the pc when you coe out of them id deffo advise you to put the gfx clacks down to stock to see if that fixes the problem.
    the checkers youre getting is a sign of a too highly clocked gpu core on the gfx card. reset and try again mate
    :)