1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheapest/best Uk sites to order from?

Discussion in 'General' started by Solidus, 9 Jan 2006.

1. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Ebuyer and Scan are really all I use for normal PC parts, the former more often.

<A88>

2. D4VID

D4VID What's a Dremel?

Cheapest: generally Ebuyer but shop around as its not always the case.

Best: without doubt www.kustompcs.co.uk. The best computer shop I've ever dealt with, customer service is second to none and prices are often very competitive. I personally am willing to pay the small premium for piece of mind if something were to go wrong.

3. Zidane

Zidane What's a Dremel?

nope, im unverified, i linked it to my bank account, and got no further thanks to lack of card.

im a Linux Geek, which means i have no freinds.

my parents are tightwads and wont do the 'i pay you, you buy it, then give to me' thang.

im tempted to apply for a credit card just for internet purchases, but im waiting until visa release the payg card in the uk and i dont have to pay an arm and a leg to get one.

4. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

komplett - used many times, orders always went smoothly and the few times ive had to rma something i got my stuff back in a few days.

ebuyer - ok with their special offers although never had to deal with their customer service.

overclockers - have fast delivery in my experience (infact they got here 3 days before the likes of scan and ebuyer when ordering at the same time) and ive never had to deal with their customer service. ive also taken to only ordering cheap things/things with direct rma from them due to bad stories.

scan - slow delivery but cheap, never had to deal with their cutomer service.

xtsit - slow slow slow

cclcomputers - only ordered online once as i live near enough them to visit. great prices, fast service. returned one thing but i returned it to the store and they swopped it there and then.

5. Matkubicki

Matkubicki What's a Dremel?

Another for kustompcs.co.uk, without a doubt the best service in any online store anywhere throughout the known world. You can email the people in person for specific and thoughout advice before you buy, they'll give you honest info on your order, emails are answered the same day sometimes very late at night and the packaging is insanely good (bubble wrapped fan grills anyone!)

Overclockers.co.uk is the opposite, no customer service and no packaging, i have knowledge of three orders for heatsinks, none arrived intact as they were posted in a jiffy bag and nothing more with the invoice screwed up next to them, classy :eyebrow:

6. gar

gar Minimodder

I know they don't sell pc stuff, but Richerspunds must at least be the best in Europe at selling audio equipment.

-The cheapest prices you'll find anywhere.

-Almost overbearingy helpful staff.

-Excellent after sales care.

- Packages always well wrapped

- & when it's your first time buying they give you not one, but two richer sounds "I'm no mug I get my hi-fi at Richersounds" mugs, an umbrella AND a lollypop!

7. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

Top few I used to use were ebuyer, CPUCity and OCUK. I have stopped using ebuyer a bit now as their p&p prices are stupid.

CPUCity are v good and would highly recommend.

I have always found OCUK to good contrary to other peoples views, but then I may just have been lucky and havn't have to deal with their CS dept.

Now though I just tend to use eclipsecomputers.com as I actually find it cheaper than most other places for some stuff and I live in Cov so I can go and pick it up right away!

8. Slink

Slink B7

All my computer gear has always and always will be bought from known members on forums, People who i've dealt with before, always second hand tested goods. I've bought other things like phones from ebay though.

9. Darkarts

Darkarts What's a Dremel?

Use both scan and kustompcs as when they say in stock on the website it is, ordered from loads of places which have said in stock on the website only for me to get an email 2 days later saying theres a delay.

10. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

Usually buy from the Forums.

Otherwise its Scan or eBuyer or the risk that is eBay