girlfriends, cheating and relationships..

Discussion in 'General' started by scoob8000, 4 Jul 2002.

1. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Sorry dude I know its **** ive seen this from both sides , my ex had a close male friend and my paranoia ruined the relationship.

We still remained friends - even after she started going out with someone else (not the same guy) I then somehow became the male friend - it wasn’t too bad cos when thing weren’t working out for them who’s shoulder did she cry on - we ended up getting back together then slit up then back together and I think we’ve split up at the moment.

2. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

3. Fletch

Fletch What's a Dremel?

Hey, you could still try the 'hanging out with chicks' bit you know :D

4. reg36

reg36 What's a Dremel?

I feel for you scoob, I had a 3 year relationship end and the paranoia still exists of what she might have done. A thing to look at though was whether she did anything different then when she was with you... such as different clothes (more revealing), perfume, hair style (from what I gather from my female friends a drastic change of the hair equals boredom and displeasure with herself), mannerisms, and taste in music, books, things to do. If any of these things have changed then it is likely someone is having a bigger influance on her and/or someone else's opinion matters to her now. Personal hygine/grooming could be an indication, foe everyone gets a little comfortable when they have been with one person for a while and when intrest in getting someone to notice you becomes important again you start doing things more frequantly then before. If you still what to pursue a relationship with her then don't crowd her, let her find out what she feels, be there but don't ask of her and don't resent her actions. Resentment can cloud any relationship up and keep you from understanding. On the flip side though you do have a valid arguement so don't back down, she was in a relationship with you and that does mean respecting your feelings and wishes, comprimises are good but only come from understanding each others feelings and that means talking not arguing and it seems she was not getting what you were trying to express to her when you did bring up your concerns. As for as the friends with opposite sex, my best friend is female and it has made the relationships we have both had a little more difficult but I know I could never do anything with her because I don't feel for her in that way, now as for her I can't say so it always depends on the person.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    Sorry for the long reply (probly theraputic for me somehow)
    And sorry for the spelling (never said i could spell)

5. Lag Messiah

Lag Messiah What's a Dremel?

I feel for you bro, it's always tough to decide what to do after a break up...it's been four months now since my gf left me. Just to tell you I'm a ****ing wreck. :sigh: You know, touble sleeping, my hair is falling out, the works :worried: Anyway, it's all how you feel, my GF had a lot of guy friends (including a few old bfs) and it never really bugged me. So, I guess you have to feel you can trust the person. If she acted in a way that made you feel like you couldn't trust her it's probably better that what happened happened.

6. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

scoob8000, don't ignore the fact that she was in a relation ship from 17 to 24 (?). Think about how a lot of us are at that age... it's really amazing that you guys had a serious relationship that long. My wife (currently married for 12 years) and I met when we were 18 and got married when we were 20 and we weren't together all the time for those two years :rolleyes: ... a lot of people get in relationships at that age and when they get out and look back they think they have missed "being wild". Let her do her thing and sooner or later she will realize there she didn't miss much she will appreciate what you guys had... then you can decide if you ever want to have anything to do with her anymore or not.. :D

/hopefully this makes sense, not sure if I explained it real clearly

7. scoob8000

scoob8000 Wheres my plasma cutter?

thats exactally what everyone was trying to tell me, were too young for it too last forever.. its just hard for love not to blind ya and make you lose sight of what you should be doing (going out with friends, meeting new people, etc..) plus i think some peer presure played into it, two of my best friends also my age are married, so i got into the train of thought.. anyway, im finally starting to move on.. its still tough as hell, but ive finally come to the realization that we were done.. ive vowed to stay friends with her, and we still talk online sometimes.. thats still sad, but who knows what might happen 5, maybe even 10 years from now..

im totally shocked how many replies this thread got.. one of my more sucessful posts.. lol