1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Ipod dock connector to RCA

Discussion in 'Software' started by StEvEzAsYcHo, 26 Jan 2006.

1. StEvEzAsYcHo

StEvEzAsYcHo What's a Dremel?

Anyone here know how to make one of these:

[​IMG]

I want to make one for my stereo in the car..

2. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

just buy one - the dock connector is 1 - realy hard to work with and 2 - impossible to buy.

3. padair

padair Inebriated

4. StEvEzAsYcHo

Alrighty.. I was hopin to get it done myself so I wouldnt have to wait, lol.. Ill just buy it and be done.. However, I will need to know how to splice in power to enable charging of it.. Bring my old charging cable in and join it to the rca setup

5. pccompuman

pccompuman What's a Dremel?

i did something similar for my car, i got a usb cable for my ipod, took it apart and soldered wires to pins 2,3,4 i believe, and then soldered on rca to plug it in to my h.u. , and then the usb to a 5 volt regulator to charge. it can be done, but it was a bitch to do, the connectors to solder to where extremely small.

6. StEvEzAsYcHo

Well, I have my cable here, and am ready to rock out.. With one problem.. Still need to charge it.. So here's what I was thinking:

Puling the connector from my old charger apart, and soldering its wires to the RCA connector to charge.. Then run the cable to the charger just as I did before.. I just need to see HOW this works before I attempt it, lol

7. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I'd just use the headphone jack, tbh. It won't be quite as clean (as you've got two wiring jobs), but the cables are more available, and tend to be cheaper as they're not all iCables (which instantly doubles MSRP).

That's just my thought, though.

8. StEvEzAsYcHo

Well, I already have that setup, and not only is it unclean, the wires get wrapped in the shifter, and I can't shift the gears..

I have the new cable here, and am lookin now to solder the old charging cable to the new dock, and have 2 cables coming from the connector; one going to the head unit, and the other going into my firewire charger..

9. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

I've got a dock for mine, which has s-video and line-out. The line out can be used with a standard 3.5mm jack to two RCA plugs.

Looks better too.

But yeah, its prolly going to be really hard to find the dock connector, unless you can find someone with a firewire/usb cable that doesn't use it.

Or you could find a cheap one from eBay.

Tags: