1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics water pump power help!!!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by sofreshsoclean, 31 Jan 2006.

1. sofreshsoclean

sofreshsoclean What's a Dremel?

alright, first of all i just want to ask for no flaming please because i'm freaking out right now and really need some help. i just installed a water cooling system in my computer and everything is fine except that the pump is too powerful and is causing some problems. it is a swiftech (danger den ddc-12v) i need to power it down somehow and i'm just not smart with electronic speak. this is the electrical information posted on the box: 12v, 1p, 11W(i think), and .9A. i just need to be able to adjust the power so that it doesnt spray all around inside my reservoir and cause bubbles. any help is much appreciated.

2. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

So most any decent fan controller would do the job. Except a FanMate, though that would be OK if you swapped the baby heat-sink to a much bigger one. If you fancy building your own, or know somebody to do the soldering, a 317T design like this one I made earlier would be ideal, it won't turn low enough to completely stop the pump.

3. sofreshsoclean

thanks for the quick advice, so if i got that right then the easiest solution to my problem should be spending my paycheck tomorrow on a wonderful new fanbus. i dont think i have the time or the resources to be building anything of my own plus i could control the radiator fan with it too. *bonus* if there are any other suggestions i'll still take em! thanks again for the help bit-tech is my fav.

4. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk What's a Dremel?

yah, just label or whatever the front so you don't accidentally forget and turn the pump too low.

the radiator fan you have leeway with, but the pump you don't.

5. Yraen

Yraen What's a Dremel?

An alternative is to get this reservoir from Swiftech. I've got the DD-D5 pump and have no trouble running it on full speed with this reservoir. Otherwise you will need to control the coltage to the pump.

6. sofreshsoclean

good advice about labeling, but i just wanna make sure the fnabus can handle all the power going to the pump/lower it enough to correct my problem without just plain turning off thanks again