1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd pausing with laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pheonix, 31 Jan 2006.

1. pheonix

pheonix Toot Toot!

Hi All,

I have an Acer Travelmate 3202XCi. Ever since I reinstalled windows, I've had a problem with it momentairly "pausing" which stops the laptop accepting keyboard and mouse input. Its highly annoying!

I've got the AcerEPM power management software installed. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? Its running XP Pro.

Ask if you need more info :)

Thanks
    Joe

2. Ziggy_man

Ziggy_man What's a Dremel?

my toshiba satellite 3000 has the same problem. I think it is heat with my laptop. try lifting it up or putting a fan under it to see if that is the problem.
    hope this helps!

3. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove What's a Dremel?

Jeps sounds like a heat problem

4. 731|\|37

731|\|37 ESD Engineer in Training

Strange that it only happens after windows reinstalled. you might run spyware/adware/virus checks on it to make sure its not infected

5. pheonix

pheonix Toot Toot!

Hi all,

Did all of that. Laptop doesn't feel too hot - But I'll install speedfan to be sure.

I get the feeling its because at one point I installed Centrino Hardware Control or whatever its called now. I *think* it appeared around then...I know I noticed it happening when I installed it anyway. Having not been happy with it, I uninstalled and put the Acer PM software on. But the problem is still there!

Hope I don't have to reinstall again - beginning to wish I hadn't bothered! (The Acer drivers were a pain to install as well)

6. Ziggy_man

Ziggy_man What's a Dremel?

hope you get it working! I have had the problem for years. :sigh:

7. 731|\|37

731|\|37 ESD Engineer in Training

boot it up in safe mode and try a few of your regular tasks. your CHC shouldnt be running and you can try to isolate the problem hardware/software

8. pheonix

pheonix Toot Toot!

Good idea. Hadn't thought of that. It does seem to happen while its on the mains too!