1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding A Call to All Modders/ Designers

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Static Lullaby, 1 Feb 2006.

1. ajampaniki

ajampaniki What's a Dremel?

I asume the prototype you could send in isnt identical to the final product. Not everybody can bend metal like its done with a professional casing. I'll asume it will have to be as close as posible?

2. Static Lullaby

Static Lullaby What's a Dremel?

The finished production design may be slightly different from the prototype yes. Manufacturing processes etc... can force minor changes in some circumstances.

Depending on materials used etc... production may be able to remain nearly exact, while other designs may need some changes. That is something we will have to face when a case is chosen for production.

3. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

I really think that some of these designs will be super-unfeasable for real production (especially when you need 10-20 per month) so I really don't see the actual submitted designs being manufactured 100%. The contest submissions and prototypes should be all-out, but not the real cases sold to customers (unless they really want it.) I think the theme should be there, but toned down so it is easier to reproduce. That will be better, because who really wants some crazy looking case if there are thousands more. In-your-face cases are only really good when original, one of a kind and unique.

4. Static Lullaby

Some designs may become unfeasable for production, but that is one thing we will be considering in holding the contest. We WANT an "in your face" design, that stands out and helps to "brand" our company. We want an original case that helps to easily identify where it came from. (10-20 per month is only for those that are submit and are able to produce the design themselves, otherwise it will be manufactured for us.)

I do hope submissions and prototypes are all-out! We want it to be original and unique. Don't be shy with submissions! We are accepting all submissions sent to us.

5. Static Lullaby

Just announced the contest on Extremeoverclockers.com. A post will be up there tomorrow officially and a link to the thread will be posted here for that as well. Good luck to all entries from all forums!

6. apoogod

apoogod trix arent just for kids

What kind of price range are you trying to keep these cases around, production wise?

7. Nix

Nix What's a Dremel?

Hi i like the sound of this competition, but im just wondering why you are limiting yourself to a pc around this spec. Most people wont ever use this amount of drives apart from enthusiasts. Which in itself isnt a bad thing, but you must take into account that enthusiasts are also looking for smaller MATX based systems, and theres a large market for it that is largely untapped.

I have a case thats based around MATX form factor, it has 3 HDD, im pretty sure i can get 4 in, and has 1 cd rom drive, and also has the space for watercooling (which is present in the design), and even space for a 5" lcd screen on the front.

So my question is, would you be interested in seeing the design, and would it be eligable for submission let alone it doesnt have 3 cdrom drives and 6hdds, but is far more powerful then any other matx case out there... including the qpack.

8. Static Lullaby

Production wise... under $500... production however, will be much less than the prototype build and we are aware of that issue. Really, we want designers to go all-out on the design and build.

9. Static Lullaby

Yes, we would be interested in your design. You can submit it here, through the forum or through email.

10. MightyMouse

MightyMouse What's a Dremel?

I'm working on a case design. but would like to know if the case should idealy have the pump sold with the case. or if it would be better to sell it separatly. The design have now has an Eheim pump integrated in it.

11. Static Lullaby

Originally we are leaving that up to the designers. We may have to substitute the pump, radiator, reservoir with another option later, but if it is already incorporated any of those are already incorporated into the design we can likely go with that set-up.

12. Brubacker

Brubacker What's a Dremel?

how much different designs may I show you ?
    I have so many ...
    never had the chance to built them myself ...
    most , or actually all of them are aimed at Watercooling and good airflow ( and a lot of hard disks )

[​IMG]

this case has place for 3 CD-players , 12 hard disks , 5 x 120 mm fan's and a mATX motherboard. ( The racks are actually removeable HDD racks, but these are not shown on the pictures )

13. Nix

Nix What's a Dremel?

jesus christ thats one long case.

I shall post screenies of my design hopefully later tonight. Im working on the HDD Caddy design atm and im hoping it will be built by the end of Feb.

Projected cost of the case i would expect something to be around the £70 mark.

14. Brubacker

600 mm long , 300 mm high , 300 mm wide ( I have a series of such cases, al using 300 mm as being 1 unit :) So I could actually put them next to each other without having to much problems with height difference ...

15. Static Lullaby

Not bad work @ all. Thanks for the submission. If you could e-mail me some other screenshots of it or the sketchup file that would help out a bit.

The main post shows how many entries we are accepting per person. The limit is three. (keeps things fair for all and less for us to narrow down :D)

16. Brubacker

damn, theb I'll have to select :)

are you interested in mini-ITX cases ?

17. Static Lullaby

No mini-ITX cases. The systems we are getting a case designed for are going to be high end gaming/ production machines. AMD 64FX processors, lots of RAM, big and fast harddrives, dual video cards etc...

18. Brubacker

Ok,
    I had a nice mini-ITX design ready ( stuff is laying around, I'll I've got to do is build it ) but then I'll focus on high-end systems :)

19. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

What about a HTPC? Build a case that could house a AMD FX64 and some SLi, that would be cool. Sort of change it up a little, break off from the more "Traditional" computer shape (ie a upright tower)

20. Static Lullaby

The design does nto necessarily have to be a "traditional" tower layout. We have a few cube designs submitted that are very nice and if we can work a solid system into an HTPC style case then of course it can be a submission and taken into consideration with all of the others as well.