1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling AquaComputer Aquero

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nyzrox, 15 Feb 2006.

1. nyzrox

nyzrox What's a Dremel?

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/7761.jpg
    With this device, it has a range of features like monitoring temps, fan speeds starting relais, monitoring flow rate etc.

But, do you have to use AquaComputer things to use this unit, as nothing in my case is aqua computer but i fancy one.

Also the AC flow meters...
    http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/7765.jpg

Is it possible to fit 1/2" barbs in that and would it be a flow killer at all?

any help or advice about the Aquero or Flow sensor would be great

Last edited by a moderator: 15 Feb 2006
  2. JAE-YOUNG SHIM

JAE-YOUNG SHIM What's a Dremel?

I found, for flow meter,
    "You can get the T-Flow with different jets to change the flow. The bigger the jet, the higher the flow, the less the impulse rat (accuracy)."

jet : impulse per litre : max. flow
    3.3 mm : 509 : 6 l/min
    5 mm : 275 : 17 l/min

default inlet size is 3.3mm,
    for good flow, drilling inlet by 5mm, correct impulse of aquaro, 509 to 275!!

3. Risky

Risky Modder

nyzrox, you're not allowed to post with images from another site like that. Download the pics and host them yourself or else just paste a link to the image.

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

nyzrox: the Aquaero works best with the AquaStream pump, which is a 12V Eheim 1046 with additional control electronics.

It is not possible to fit 1/2" barbs on the flow meter (if you look at the picture, you can see there is no space for them to start with). Moreover, even when drilled out, the flowmeter is incredibly constrictive.

You could instead use an FlowMeter v2.0 by Innovatek --slightly better, but you have to set the Aquaero to 232 pulses per litre instead of whatever the value is for the Aqua-Computer flow meter (which can be easily done in the configuration panel). Alternatively, you can go with the Fan-o-Matic Pro by Innovatek alltogether, which is more or less exactly like the Aquaero, and benefit from the fact that you can use more or less any pump, and the better Innovatek flowmeter without any hassle. However all this is still a small-bore solution.

For larger bore, you could use the Swissflow SF800, a 3/8" ID flow meter --although nobody as of yet has hooked it to an Aquaero or Fan-o-Matic. It is believed that its pulse rate may be too high for those. It produces 60 pulses per second per litre, but can also essentially be hooked to your motherboard which will register it like another fan RPM signal.

Alternatively, you can use the SF800 with the mCubed T-Balancer which basically does the same thing as the Aquaero and Fan-o-Matic, only not quite as polished and without the pretty bezel display...

By the way, please do not hot-link images. Any images you wish to display directly have to be hosted by yourself.

5. nyzrox

nyzrox What's a Dremel?

Thnks for the advice, i have a Ehiem 1250 was to noisey so switched to a DDC with a plexi top.

Im liking these front display units like the Aquero and Fan-o-Matic. i wont something to monitor my fan speeds, im not so much bothered abouth the pump, and also monitor the flow rates also maybe the temperatures of my loop...

and i can use either for this?

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yes. The Fan-o-matic may be more suitable since it is not so tightly integrated with the pump as the Aquaero is.

7. Risky

Risky Modder

The T-balancer is rather more modual than these allowing a lot of sensors, multiple flow meters, high-powered pumps/fans, 3rd Party LCD displays, but it going to be a bit more involved get the most out of.

http://www.mcubed-tech.com/eng/index.htm for more info.

Tags: