1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding ive got to the testing stage (frige hack)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jamnog, 2 Jul 2002.

1. jamnog

jamnog Guest

none taken i was a bit drunk when i wrote that. im not the best at posting.
    anyway ive decided to try to mould the thing to the case temporarily to see if the results are as good as with the tunnel design.

if the making a case doesnt work then it might have to be a cooled blow hole on the top or something.

from my experiemnts i have found that there is a high pressure gas in this tubeing strangely enough its cold so im not shure how to alter the pipes to be where i want them to be. or change them for different pipes.

maing the case itself cold doesnt appear to be working at all i got 3 degrees in half an hour with the tunnel method only just now. the same time has elapsed with the fridge plate bent onto the top
    of the computer and no temp change.

i suppose that would make sence. i mean who would have a fan directed at the case? im putting a towel on top of it to see if that changes anything.

the weekend im going to get some gel or posibly spray some one at the overclocking store forum said something vaige about a spray. seems like i could water proof my whole system.

if that where possible i could get the freezer out and to hell with the min temp.

2. kerus

kerus What's a Dremel?

this is a painful thread!
    the vapo-li makes me drool.

3. macroman

macroman The One

Hey guys a Vapo Chill is a commercial unit costing huge wads of cash. Give jamnog a break, he's having a go at some real modding here and it looks promising. Let's give the guy some encouragement. :)

jamnog - keep us posted on how it goes and hats off to you for giving this a try :D

4. jamnog

jamnog Guest

i need to buy a new case a real nice one so i can bolt this thing to the case i have now i also need some of this dialectric gel some one. mentioned spray does anyone know of this spray?

im going to get the new case some time in the next week then empty my case and see how low i can get the case temp.

it may take a little time but i want to ensure i dont wreck anything as im not in the mood to buy a whole new kit.

once i get the case right im planning to put a door on it. i allways wanted to be able to get at my ram and stuff. i know the lan li has a sliding mobo.

i dont have the money to spend on a lan li :(

thanks for the support to be honest im not bothered if people think im loony this is like a bit of fun for me.

5. jamnog

jamnog Guest

set bcak

i messed up the fridge plate today by cutting the pipe open and this weird fluid came out this time. am going to hack up the freezer on the weekend its out in the shed waiting to be dissasembled. i think i just hurt the environment :(

6. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

Re: set bcak

Too bad man, that gas in there is uber-bad ya know! It's illegal to dump a fridge in a skip I think, coz the gas kills the ozone layer... bad boy! :worried:

Anyway, good luck!

Just to show how truly sad I am, I found the joke in your sig hilarious! :hehe: :hehe: I'm a very sad young man! :eyebrow:

7. jamnog

jamnog Guest

yea im clubbing seals as we speak. any way i have more freezers and stuff to work with but i dont plan to try to cut the plates again there was no pipe inside the plate and it was only welded at the edges so i was just unlucky sorry ozone will plant a tree asap.

as for the joke heh yea i got another one

neutron walks into a bar
    neutron : id like a beer pleese
    barman : certainly sir
    neutron : how much will that be?
    barman : for you sir ... no charge

8. jamnog

jamnog Guest

of course i feel like such a donkey

silicone spray ... yep the cheap common spray would work its all go on the weekend i will have this mod running and cold as an inverted hell in no time flat. will post pic on sunday probably

9. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

ROTFL! How sad am I!!??????

I'm ashamed to say that I find these funny, but I can'y help it! :worried:

What are you, a chem student?

10. jamnog

jamnog Guest

nope apparently not well there has been a complaint about the umm proton not really ever being neutral or negative. i agree also posetion is probably not something a proton cares much about. i dont know anyway Btylor has decided i was wrong about my jokes :sigh: i think its in a different thread somewhere

11. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

Actually, if it is a positively charged particle that could lose an electron, wouldn't it be an ion? A proton is simply a positively charged sub-atomic particle. Similar to it's negative couterpart the electron.

Sorry for that. I also found the jokes funny and told some people at work who gave me the look. :eyebrow:

12. hexa-db

hexa-db What's a Dremel?

As much as I want to support jamnog for attempting something so ambitious, I have to say hacking up fridges and allowing freon (or whatever evil stuff is inside) to leak out is a bit irresponsible :eyebrow: :miffed: I don't think that sort of thing should be done unless you know exactly what you're doing.
    I don't want to sound like a hippy or a spoilsport, but stuff like that bothers me
    :sigh:

13. jamnog

jamnog Guest

it was an accident involvindg cutting the fridge plate. the pipes embeded in the plate where not pipes the plate itself held the gas and thu when cutting what i thaught was a safe didtance from the ridge i punctured it.

i knew what i was doing i just did it wrong.

and ure quite right it was a terrible thing to do but letting everyone know that it can be done means that it might not happen the next time some looser like me tryes to mod a fridge.

if your looking for someone besides me to blame (and i dont know why you would it was my fault) blame vapo chill for selling about 200 quids worth of junk for 5 or 600.

this particular fridge would have ended up in a big hole in the ground any how the council refuse to recycle them you know.

some one else mentioned the ion thing btw this is why i had to change the quote, whole thing.

14. hexa-db

hexa-db What's a Dremel?

Jamnog - sorry for going on, I'm just tree-hugging hippy scum at heart ;)
    It wasn't like you trashed 50 fridges for fun or anything so I'll shut up now.

Thinking about it, if your local council are refusing to recycle them (which sucks badly if that's the case!) and you've found a use for one then that's probably a good thing or something.. Er.. I was going to shut up wasn't I..

15. jamnog

jamnog Guest

no hexa you have a good point i think that if this fridge mod works then allot of fridges that have rusting pipes at the back could be cared for in homes for the rest of there lives by more considerate people. if i can work out how to do it we could all recue thease things off street corners and save them from bursting naturally as they eventually do.

all tho realisticly i dont think there is much chance of many people trying this.
    good news my mum and dad have put an order in for a reconditioned fridge (save electricity on the ones that hold beer in the garage)
    more good news i get the old ones
    bad news the freezer thats out in the shed has a borken pump
    more bad news the recondition fridge guy cant sell them atm because of legislation issues.