1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Project about to be started... in need of inspiration please

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Mark3d, 6 Mar 2006.

1. Mark3d

Mark3d What's a Dremel?

Hey all,

On an impulse buy yesterday, I ended up buying a Cooler Master Wave Master :thumb: and a DVD-RW/+RW DL (for an amazing £29.97 :rock: ) and dont have any other components inside or ideas on how to make it look awesome!

Any of you know where I can get a UV reactive motherboard (socket 939) with SLi capabilities? By UV reactive, I mean all of the slots are not the actual motherbard itself. :D

Also looking for a Duel Core AMD :thumb: , but all the ones I have found are really expencive but if I must, Ill buy it. :eyebrow:

What is the best "Bang per Buck" :wallbash: SLi graphics card that I can get? Looking at £150ea :cooldude:

Also, any ideas on a computer case mod? I plan to put a window in...somehow. :worried:

Any Comments?

Mark

2. Mark3d

Mark3d What's a Dremel?

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

You may be better off spending £300,-- on a single card. Same performance as two lower-spec £150,-- ones, but you have room to double your pleasure in the future when you have some more money to spend.

4. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

It sounds like you're quite vulnerable to marketing gimmicks by the sound of it. You'll seriously want to spend some time reading into a few of the newer technologies before going out and purchasing them on impulse. For example, X2s are good, but not of much use unless you use programs that support multiple CPUs. Likewise, as Nexxo pointed out, SLI is really only beneficial a) if you want two 'top of the range' cards for ott performance or b) if you want to run on one card now and then upgrade to another of the same type in a few months.
    Take a while looking around the reviews and deciding which components best meet your needs and don't rush into buying parts just for the sake of being up-to-date :)

<A88>

5. Mark3d

Mark3d What's a Dremel?

Thanks.

Dam those marketing gimicks. :duh:

I havnt purchsed anything yet but im going to look around for the best prices. I love the idea of buying just one card and then doubling up later.

:thumb:

6. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

DVD-RW/+RW DL (for an amazing £29.97)

thats sarcasm right?

7. Mark3d

Mark3d What's a Dremel?

No, a duel layer dvd write £27.97. Well I thought it was dirt cheap and very happy the the purchase.

8. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I'm afraid you'll find they come as cheap as around £23 these days, although it's no real loss :) Try shopping around at places like ebuyer, aria, scan etc to find the cheapest prices, you'll find they're considerably better vfm than high-street stores.

<A88>