1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enlight Extreme Gamers PC Case

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 7 Mar 2006.

1. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

2. Hybr1d

Hybr1d Bаnned

yeugh! Not my kinda case but the review made good reading while I ate my Weetabix :D.

3. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

Quite ugly imo, and too modded to be a 'Gamers' case. Its more of a wannabe's case.

4. Rich_13

Rich_13 What's a Dremel?

fragile! its got a handel on top to carry it around with! It better not be if I was going to buy one... lol

5. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

So this is pretty much a case to kick down the stairs of your flat after it cuts you then?

6. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

While I agree with that, it's alot better than some other nasty gaming cases out there, looks quite nice when you compare it to something like the Diablo case :p

Alot of companies go way over the top with thier gaming case designs, this one isn't too bad, but I'll stick with my case :)

7. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

You know, I've always wanted one of those.

8. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

hehe, amended. I think the spellchecker went a bit doolally.

9. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

You didn't mention that the Mesh sytem reviewed also had a case with steel coated with plastic. Tbh, if its done right, it can be good. I hate the look of that case though. If it's going to be plastic, it should be dull Xbox style plastic, not shiny stuff.

10. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

reminds me of my case... but I only paid £15 for mine :p
    Ebuyer prices sure have gone up

11. LockmanX

LockmanX What's a Dremel?

Pretty ugly and on the whole, I agree with the review. However, I do want to take a jab at the comment about plastic shell cases. I believe and have seen this evident in many cases that if implemented correctly, using a plastic shell is quite effective and cool. Plastic also lends well to modding and is a great choice for beginners. In this case, I'll agree again that this wasn't the best of jobs. But since we have a specific example of what not to do, I'd like to point out that despite my dislike for the design, Alienware cases are quite sturdy. Some older gateway cases had a plastic shell and I really like 'em. The likes of the AMS 1089K, ASUS Vento, and TM/TA-230's are other good examples of plastics shell cases.

12. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Candle is a word. Just the wrong one.

Well, I don't hate the looks (I like the red they chose, but it's poorly done) but it's definately very flawed. I always hate doing any sort of modding to cases with doors, especially plastic ones. Makes me that much more happy with my $50 Antec for my fileserver, and of course the v2000 that went into FrozenFire.

13. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

I must have typed a different word and the spellchecker suggested candle. ;)

14. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

So if it's plastic covered steel, is the plastic just glued on?
    And with the panel with the window, what's the edge of the window like? I'm thinking of windowing my case, but don't know how hard it will be/what it might turn out like.

15. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Very good review and it's something I, for one, would definately like to see more of, i.e. reviews of cases of a cost more suited to people who don't want to spend the next month or so feasting on cold baked beans.

16. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

first thing that stood out for me.... the flash card reader. I can take a picture of my case and show you the verry same one. That verry same one has been sitting in my case for about 4 years now, and it was used..... 0 times. It does suport SD cards which is useful in most cases, However the fuji digital camer i bought used XD... which is probly the third most popular format of digital card.... SD being the top and Memory Stick and Compact flash comming in 2 and forth in some order. so for trying to release a case like this now, they probly should have released it with a bit more updated card reader as well. now that i have a Canon S2 which has SD, I just plug the camera right in and take hem off that way. with a 1 SD card there are no real reasons for needing more than that one, and just plug it into the front and empty it onto my HD. it most cases with more and more USB slots being foud on motherboards and the fronts of cases, and less music players using add-on cards, it was probly a useless add anyway.

but as for the over all quality. it seems as shotty as described. nothing tends to stand out mroe then a band paint job. atleast if its an average case it will just blend in, but the paint was so poorly obvious.

sorry for any typo's. im using a crappy computer at my uni.

17. Mafney

Mafney What's a Dremel?

I really need a new case but none seem to catch my eye at the moment. Currently Im still on a £25 Gaming Case from eBuyer.com which looks great and has some pretty good features for the price but I can't help thinking it will be time to choose another, even cooler gaming case sometime soon.

18. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

Meh

Unimpressed, my cheapo will last me long enough. And whats with all you who buy pre assembled/wannabe moddes cases, Im building from scratch.
    A smiley holding a welding rod would help here. :D

19. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

the vento is a PISS POOR example of a plastic case. The door feels so damn wobbly i couldn't even push it up without being afraid of snapping it off.

20. stereophonie

stereophonie What's a Dremel?

Don't think i agree with not buying a pre-modded case, maybe in some circumstances begginers should't and they should get their hands dirty but after building two modded cases myself i found myself indulging in changing the look, colour, fans and grills etc. every five mins (That's just the way i am). But i recently just bought myself the NZXT Lexus case and its beautiful for want of a better word.... Love it!

Oh yea that case looks like sh*t :D

Tags: Add Tags