1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Alchemy Case Design Contest Closing

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Static Lullaby, 7 Mar 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Static Lullaby

Static Lullaby What's a Dremel?

In my argument, some of the edits made were due to the original post being taken down and the posts being merged later. :D Other edits came along with some of the original questions/ concerns/ comments in the original thread.

Appologies if I am misuderstood here again, expertise and knowledge of how their design would be built was what we were looking for specifically right here. While a build was NOT required, it would be nice if you are experienced enough to know how it would function, work etc... Partially because we were going to allow the winning designer (if he or she cose) be a consultant with the production team and that working knowledge would be of great help in that arena.

It never changed to you MUST build a design. I did state that it could possibly hinder final judgement and even you cannot argue that potential there.

It was in the original post and guidelines that if a designer chose to build his prototype that it would be reimbursed. Going by the definition of reimbursement, I think that was clear enough. For an adult to still enter into the contest after going through the rules and seeing that, was his own choice. Again... I should have stayed firm on that rather than becomming flexible and trying to work out a resolution in regards to this. (yes I understand a "trust" issue there, but it is a two way street, and an offer WAS made for an escrow service to hold the money.

I agree 100% and we are going to backup fully the promises made in this contest.

This was our first contest, certanly not the last, and we had some learning to do on it. While we do know what it takes to get ahead in this market, the contest in itself was a whole other learning experience for us.

We have full plans of delivering good and it will be done. Because we chose to judge the final entries based on the information given to us and the images does not mean we in any way hoped to back out of this and not follow thru.

Our site will be up shortly or the contest would have been posted there as well, but we brought it to the communities because of our respect for the designers and modders here. We feel the modding community is definately a group that could help to make or break us in the end, and their approval is important to us for a number of reasons. If I failed in any way to pay up to the winners, or to be fair in our judging and decisions. I could understand the mudslinging, but not even being given the chance and being attacked for my character, as well as the company's character was not only unwarranted, but unnecessary.

I was not hoping for any one of the designers to send us their prototype without money being sent to them. I want that to be made extremely clear.

2. Static Lullaby

Static Lullaby What's a Dremel?

We are sorry you feel this way

Please feel free to point out the changes in story, inconsistancies, etc... and send them to me in a pm or at my e-mail.

Only two of the designers had an issue (one of which was because of a misunderstanding in language translation). Two of them are still in contact with us and working with us to push further on their designs and with a desire to really help out ACS as we grow and progress.

3. Joungne

Joungne What's a Dremel?

that ONE would be me.
    I want to make clear the issues I had and still have were NOT only by misunderstanding in language. I have far more issues concerning the contest and ACS.
    At this moment I dont wish to express them, but I DO want you to NOT speak on my account.

Kind regards
    Joungne

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

As I said in my PM to you, Static Lullabye, what concerns me is that these are basic mistakes for a businessman. In a competion there are by definition, winners and losers. As such you have to be prepared for your judgement to be challenged. As such the rules have to be clear as spring water and as concrete as rock.

You cannot change the rules as you go along. You cannot say: "you don't have to build a prototype but it may affect your chances of winning" and expect people not to feel just a bit pressured by that. Either you want a prototype, or you don't, as simple as that. You want a case that costs no more than X to produce, as simple as that. Winners are either by public vote, or judge's discretion, as simple as that.

As a psychologist, I draw an inference between what people say and how they act and how they think. As I said to you before, I think you're a dreamer (which is a requisite for an entrepeneur), but not a down-to-earth businessman (which is a much more important requisite). I am reinforced in my view by the fact that you do not appear appreciate just how badly this competition has damaged the reputation of your fledgling company already. I suggest STRONGLY that you change the name, set up an established business with concrete credentials (and website) and leave out the competitions for dream cases for the next two years at least. Just focus on selling smaller, established and achievable stuff for now until you can step up to Voodoo PC status. Even they started with modest aircooled higher-spec PCs which were just painted in a pretty colour.

You are welcome to stay on the forums, but there will be no more competitions here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.