1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Problems installing OS on ASUS P4S800D-X

Discussion in 'Software' started by Morphious, 26 Mar 2006.

1. Morphious

Morphious What's a Dremel?

Hey guys

A friend of mine here is setting up a new computer and is having problems installing an Operating System (Windows) on his computer. I think we've ruled it down to the motherboard...I was able to successfully install Windows when I had his hard drive hooked up to my computer, however when we put it back in his computer it keeps on restarting once it gets to the Windows Loading screen. It loads up fine on my computer and even my hard drive won't load up on his computer.

When we try to install Windows from his computer we get an error message that states the hard drive cannot be detected and yet when the computer starts up it reads out that it is there, and it's recognized in BIOS as well.

Motherboard: ASUS PS4800D-X
    Hard Drive: Samsung SP1614C (160GB SATA 1.5GB/s)

Any clues on this issue would be greatly appreciated!!

2. reflex_1

reflex_1 What's a Dremel?

have you installed the SATA drivers?

or doesn't it get that far?

3. Wispa

Wispa What's a Dremel?

Sounds like the motherboard (dodgy SATA controller).

I'm personally not suprised that it didn't work when you installed Windows onto the hard-drive through your computer. Windows isn't too keen on running once the motherboard has been changed, and even if it does there's loads of fun to come with driver conficts *yey*.

Have you tried plugging in the drive into another SATA connector (if available)?

Updating the BIOS just came to mind too, although that shouldn't be the issue if it's a new board.

......and what about the 137Gb Windows limit problem..... or is this no longer an issue these days? (I boot off a 120Gb drive so I'm not too sure)

Tags: