1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ABIT AN8 32X

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 28 Mar 2006.

1. warlockza

warlockza FirstZoom.tv

ABIT lives dude, and wait till you get a problem with that board, and see what happens then. We didn't win the best customer service award in 2005 for nothing. Of course I respect your choice as you wish, but I'm sure for every good point you have, I can find an equally good one about our board/s.

2. warlockza

warlockza FirstZoom.tv

Mr Rude baboon dude, Please PM me with your email address and I'll follow up for you and give you an idea of why the board is taking so long in RMA.

3. BUFF

BUFF What's a Dremel?

There's more than a few previous A8N32 users switched to the AN8 32X & reckon it's the better board. ;)

4. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

Yay for constructive comments!!

Abit is far from dead. This board is very solid and I really can't see much fault with it. It's definately an improvement and is hopefully a sign that there are better things to come!!

5. Tim S

Tim S OG

Subjectively speaking, the sound was reasonably good - it's not a match to HD audio or Creative X-Fi quality, but MP3 playback/gaming seems alright with onboard sound.

There's certainly no interferance that I can make out through my Sennie HD570s.

6. lepre

lepre Minimodder

thanks!

7. Tim S

Tim S OG

:thumb:

8. otm3x

otm3x What's a Dremel?

I am always a fan of Abit's MB. I like their design and " sole " .

For the extra 4-pin Molex power connector for SLI .
    I suppose it would be a better idea to put it is now , or putting it above the first PCI-express X16 slot.

rather than at a spot near the SATA . I would say engineers design it that for cleaner
    power for the GPUs . I remember it was a selling point for the Asus' first SLI MB.

9. BUFF

BUFF What's a Dremel?

10. Dm5er

Dm5er What's a Dremel?

Bigz,

Can you share if you still have it the LDT settings? I'm running 4X on all 3 options and having some stablity issues. Do you suggest to lower the multi to 8x instead of 11x? I'm currently running San Diego 3700+ with default multi.

Thanks

11. Tim S

Tim S OG

I forgot to reply to this - I'm really sorry for that. It's quite crazy at the moment with only two of us working out of the office this week.

Anyway, I had LDT set to 5x on all three options and 16/16 both ways on both K8->NB and NB->SB. Here's a pic of the BIOS settings page:

[​IMG]

I ran the board with the CPU at its default multiplier (in this case 14x for FX-57). We've also ran FX-60 and a 3700+ San Diego at default settings in the board, too.

Tags: Add Tags