1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Here's Kitty!

Discussion in 'General' started by GreatOldOne, 1 Apr 2006.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

I promised you all pics yesterday, but by the time we'd got out of work and picked her up it was getting late, and the light was going. But here's the new GOOMobile, which we've christened 'Kitty' - for obvious reasons:

Be warned - these links go to LARGE piccies!

Kitty on the drive, head on

Kitty from the side

Kitty's other side, and *ahem* big butt ;)

The helm

She's got all sorts of tricks up her sleeve... One of the nicer ones is the memory seats - not only do you have a button on the armrest to select which memory position the seat, wing mirrors and the stearing column gets set to, but it's also selected by your ignition key - so as soon as I put mine in the column, everything automatically sets itself to my preferd settings, and when Mrs Goo uses her key, it sets itself to hers. When you switch off and pull the key out, the seat moves back and the column moves up and into the dash to make it easier to get in and out. Neat. :)

She's also got rain sensing wippers, automatic headlights (come on at dusk), front and rear parking sensors, an electronic hand break (it's just a button on the center console), bluetooth phone connectivity (make calls from the steering wheel controls), cruise control and all the usual bits (stereo, split climate control etc). It was explaining to us how all this lot worked that caused the delay at the dealer! :hehe:

Of course, the nicest thing is the shear amount of grunt this thing has. It's quick off the line, but you can set the gear box to hooligan mode which holds it in gear longer before it shifts up. Stomp on the accelerator, hit the kickdown and bang, the world explodes. :thumb:

I still can't believe this is a diesel. Awesome car. :hip:

2. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

Not really my kind of car (maybe when I'm a little older ;)) but that interior looks lovely and you've got it in the right colour :thumb:

3. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

I am in love. I love every single aspect of that car. It is absolutly stunning.

And goo dont lisent to these guys. Im 22years old and love jags. I have loved jags eversince I saw my first one at age of 6.

In my book a jag is like a very fine wine. Sip it and savor the taste then get drunk on it and have a party.

4. mattyk123

mattyk123 What's a Dremel?

Every aspect of her screams luxury, you've done well for yourself :thumb:

5. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Looking good, :D

6. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

looks nice :lol: but i can understand why its more suited to the older generations :hehe:

only thing i spotted which i didn't like was grimey colour front disc brakes :O

7. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

That is a lush motor, is it a ford diesel power plant? Any good (of course its good :duh: ). What i mean is did you try it against the german diesels an A8 for example?

8. GreatOldOne

They're just got a smear of surface oxidation... It rained last night, and iron brake discs do get a little rusty when it's damp. Used to get it on the Saab before I traded it in for Kitty. It all comes off as soon as you tap the breaks. ;)

We had a look at Mercs, VW's and Audis. We ruled most of them out though before we even looked at the cars, as the staff at the dealerships where a bunch of snide, condescending ******s. :grr:

The Audis may be great cars, but they just feel a bit too clinical. Same for the VWs. As soon as we sat in the Jag we (Mrs GOO and I) looked at each other and said - "This is it" (yeah, corny, but true ;)) The fact that it goes like stink and doesn't cost a fortune to run is a bonus. :D

The engine is a 2.7 litre V6 twin turbo diesel. IIRC, it was a collaboration between Ford / Jag , Citroen and Peugeot - so it will eventually get put in the higher end Fords and the French manufacturers cars:

http://peugeot.mainspot.net/tips/new_diesel_v6.shtml

9. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Not really my kind of car but looks pretty swish.

10. s29feb

s29feb What's a Dremel?

Diesels are they way to go :)

V Nice car, this was the one Clackson took to try and do the Nurburgring in on Top Gear - Yeah?

(Fabia VRs Owner ;) )

11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Very nice Goo.
    I know what you mean about Audi's vs. Jags. My dad just traded his old XJR (4.0 V8 Super) for an A3 TDI, and while the Jag almost had a character of its own, the Audi has none at all, it's a tool, not a toy.

Let's just hope someone doesn't scratch it anytime soon...

12. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

Hey! the steering wheel is on the wrong side. :D

Nice one, If your taller the steering wheel moving out of the way is a nice thing to have, my friends Caddy has that and it makes the car complete. If your going to spend the money spend it right, looks like you did. It does look like an old person car though.

13. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

Us young members are just jealous because we couldn't afford one for ourselves (nevermind the insurance) ;)

14. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

not really my thing i'm more of a bmw 3 series guy

15. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Nice car GOO, didn't know about the 'personal' key which changes seat settings/stearing/mirrors/etc. - nice touch!

Cool colour as well but it will have to be washed regularly :p

16. olv

olv he's so bright

can you hook me up? :worried:

diesel and automatic, my personal nightmare! you enjoy though which is what matters :)

17. GreatOldOne

Well, I've modded her already. :D

Spent Sunday afternoon installing a Dension iceLink FM for my iPod. This unit provides a dock connector cable which charges iPod the and takes a line level input from it. It then modulates this into an FM signal and shunts it directly into the stereo via a cable. The car attenna is daisy chained through, and modulator unit switches off the external ariel when it senses the iPod is on.

Sound quality is great, for what is essentially an FM transmitter. Much better than an iTrip, better than a good, strong FM station (say Radio 1) - almost verging on the same quality as I got through an Aux connection in the Saab.

Tags: