1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade advice for BF2 please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SnowBoard, 5 Apr 2006.

1. SnowBoard

SnowBoard What's a Dremel?

I want to be able to play BF2. I was thinking of getting another stick of 512 mb ram and a video card. Does the second stick of ram have to be the same manufacturer and model? I want to spend no more than 250 all together. Thanks for your help.

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

It'll be better if the sticks are from the same manufacturer, more likely to get them more stabile. If you're not overclocking then it doesn't really matter.

3. nookie

nookie What's a Dremel?

no matter the new one is better or wors, both sticks will work with the settings of the wors one, so there's not point of getting a high performance expensive RAM, get another stick of the same model

4. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

It woudl be Ideal if you were to buy the same model of ram as problems can sometimes arise if you have differant sticks. As for upgrading you video card, i think a 6800 gt or X800 gto will sevre you well and not break the bank :)

5. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

It's best if it is, but if you can't find it, or if it comes at a large premium, then I wouldn't bother.

As for a graphics card, Fr4nk's recommendation of an X800GTO would be my choice. If you wanted to spend a little more, however, the step up to the 6800GS with SM3 would be worth the money :)